|Date / Time:
Receive a step-by-step procedure for the interview process from job opening to candidate placement and to provide participants with the opportunity to practice effective interviewing skills.
The recruitment/selection process is a key component of a company's overall human resource strategy. It is the opportunity to match demonstrated capability to the candidate's specific knowledge, skills, attributes or competencies and to determine how they fit the company's existing need.
To ensure you are being highly efficient in the utilization of your people resource, you need to make sure that your selection process is as crisp, exact and precise as possible. Every open position is an opportunity to assess the position's link to your overall business needs and plans.
The interview process, by nature, is filled with potential challenges, not the least of which is hiring someone who is not the best match for the job. Utilizing an approach known as behavior- based interviewing should lead to better selection of employees and therefore reduce costs associated with turnover.
About The Presenter
- What Behavior-Based Interviewing Is and Isn't All About
- Costs Associated With Turnover
- Preparing, Conducting and Wrapping up the Interview Process
- Identifying Critical Job Requirements
- Developing Behavior-Based Questions That Are Open-Ended, Legally Positioned, Drawn From the List of Prioritized Job Requirements and Structured to Obtain a Response That Speaks to Past Behavior
- Learn the Formula for Writing High Quality Behavior-Based Questions
- What Is Legal to Ask When Interviewing
- Interview Worksheet on Technical Skills and Core Competencies
- How to Build an Environment for a Successful Interview
- Post-Interview Actions
Rose U. Miller, SPHR
- Owner of Pinnacle Human Resources, LLC located in Latham, NY
- Human resources professional for more than 20 years, her expertise is human resources consulting
- Providing strategic HR support and expert HR best practices she helps clients reduce costs and focus on their core business
- Offers clients customized solutions that fit any size company
- Practice includes HR audits, employee handbook preparation, on-site and off-site HR support services, training, employee performance programs, talent acquisition services and alignment of people to fit corporate initiatives
- Has overseen the growth of Pinnacle Human Resources and was formerly the Managing Partner of Bonadio SourceHR and DR Human Resources
- Her company continues to offer HR solutions and valued-added services to clients with a local, state-wide, national and global presence
- Clients count on Pinnacle HR for professional guidance on employee conflicts, performance management and HR Best Practices. In an environment that has become increasingly complex in terms of legal and regulatory compliance issues, clients are finding it more and more important to utilize Human Resources consultants on a regular basis
- B.S. degree in organizational behavior, Lesley University; senior professional in HR certification, HR Certification Institute
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Service Animals In The Workplace: What You Need To Know
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
Visa (Non-Immigration) For Payroll Professionals
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
How To Avoid Wrongful Termination Claims
Form I-9: Understanding The Anti-Discrimination Provisions Of The Law
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Dealing with Difficult People
How To Communicate With Tact And Professionalism
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts