Stay Interviews: A Guide To Retention
|Date / Time:
Unless it is a key employee or high performing employee, turnover is not always a bad thing. Organizations continually search for ways to retain high performers and to mitigate the adverse effects a separation can have on the organization.
Don't wait until your key employee or superstar provides you with a resignation letter. This topic will assist you in preparing and strategizing for formal discussions known as stay interviews. Learn methods on obtaining the critical reasons why your employee's would leave your company. More importantly, create an action plan while these superstars are still your employees.
Understanding Your Audience
- Stay Interview Concept
- Retaining, Motivating and Engaging Workforce
- Statistics From Other Organizations
Creating the Right Discussion QuestionsReview and Compile Information to Begin Action PlanPlanning Guide and Discussion Questions ExamplesAbout The Presenters
- The Prime Candidate(s)
- Key Employees
- High Performers
- Employees on Succession Plans
- Anticipate the Employee's Perspective
- Monetary vs. Nonmonetary Wish List
- Flexible Schedules
- Career Opportunities
- Equal Opportunities
- Creating the Ideal Interview
- Questionnaire vs. Discussion vs. Formal Meeting
- Random Surveys vs. Individual or OneOnOne Meetings vs. Focus Groups
- Who Will Conduct the Interviewer
- Timing Is Key
- Consider Organizational Deadlines Such as Annual Audit Periods, End of Fiscal Year, Budget Season or Organizational Peaks
- Availability to Conduct and Complete All Interviews
- Secure Resources to Ensure Initiative Is Carried out
- HR administrator, College of Arts & Sciences, University of New Mexico
- Serves as the enterprise's primary point of HR administration, and provides input into broad operational decision making as a member of the college's management team
- Performs training needs analyses, as appropriate, and initiates, develops, and/or coordinates the implementation of specific training and development programs for new and existing faculty and/or staff
- Bachelor’s degree in political science: emphasis in diplomatic negotiations
- HR operations manager, City of Rio Rancho
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of HR operations, compensation and classification, and HR budget
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on numerous HR topics
- Bachelor’s degree in English: Professional Writing
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
How To Properly Complete A Form I-9
Workplace Investigations 101: The Basics For Conducting Workplace Investigations
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Employee Handbook Updates for 2017: How To Ensure Legal Compliance And Avoid Liability
PTO Plan Or Traditional Vacation And Sick Time? The Pros and Cons Of A Paid-Time-Off Plan
Pre-Employment Screening: Can I Ask That Question?
Agile Basics For HR
Strategic HR Basics: A Practical Approach To Working More Strategically In HR
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Basics Of Affirmative Action Planning
How To Identify And Investigate Claims Of Bullying
How To Change The Perception Of The HR Department
The Essentials Of HR Law
FMLA Training &Certification Program
ADA Training &Certification Program