Successful PTO Programs
|Date / Time:
This topic will explore the various options that you face regarding time off issues, including vacations and absences due to illness.
The legal obligations that such policies implicate will be explored. You will come away with an understanding of the kinds of programs that have proved successful, how to design one that meets your needs and satisfies your legal obligations, and how to implement the policy that you choose.
Different Types of PTO Policies
- Discussion of Problems That Employers Have With Absenteeism Due to Illness and for Other Reasons
- Increased Desire for Flexibility Among Employees
Pros and Cons of Different Types of Policies
- Absences Due to Vacation and Other Holidays
- Absences for Personal Reasons
- Absences Due to Illnesses
Interplay of PTO Policies With Other Laws
- Pay out at Termination Issues
- Encouraging of Absenteeism Through Policy Structure
- Pay out Issues
- Compelling Usage of Time for Various Types of Absences
- Impact on Morale of Various Concepts
Designing a PTO Policy That Enhances Employee Morale and Reduces Absenteeism
- Wage and Hour Law
- Salary Issues
- Intermittent Leave Issues and Salary Basis for Exemption
- Family and Medical Leave Law
- Discipline for Absenteeism
- Compelling Exhaustion of PTO Benefits
- PTO Policies and Intermittent Leave Issues
- Laws Pertaining to Reasonable Accommodation of Disabilities
- PTO Policies as Reasonable Accommodation
About The Presenter
- Plan Design
- Enhancing Employee Satisfaction
- Reducing Absenteeism
- Implementation Issues
- Dealing With Obligations Under Old Policies
- Practical Experience of Employers
Amy L. Nixon
- Partner in the St. Louis office of Littler Mendelson
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of employment law, including the ADA, the FMLA, the ADEA, ERISA, Title VII, and FCRA
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on numerous topics relating to employment law
- Wrote several publications related to the areas of employment law
- Member of the Defense Research Institute, the Labor and Law Employment Committee of the Missouri Bar, the Labor and Employment Law Division of the American Bar Association, the Human Resource Management Association of Greater St. Louis, and the Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- J.D. and B.Acc. degrees, University of Oklahoma
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Reasonable Accommodation - Impairment
Garnishments, Child Support Orders and Other Levies
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Write Clear, Concise, And Compliant Job Descriptions
How To Drive HR Strategy
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
Dealing with Difficult People
HR′s Guide To Medical Marijuana In The Workplace
Personnel Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Creative - And Free - Ways To Use LinkedIn As A Recruiting Tool
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Basics Of OSHA Recordkeeping
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
IRS Rules For Work Visas
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
How to Supervise People Seminar