Curbing Unauthorized Overtime
|Date / Time:
Year after year, one of the most challenging tasks employers face is keeping track of the hours their nonexempt employees work and correctly paying any required overtime premium.
When unauthorized overtime occurs, labor costs skyrocket, and businesses face a budgeting nightmare. And when employees perform compensable work off the clock, the potential overtime liability for an employer can be staggering.
This webinar helps businesses understand their responsibilities with respect to compensating for overtime, the rules regarding what activities constitute hours worked, and how to curb unauthorized overtime in a manner that complies with the wage and hour laws while also meeting operational needs.
The law in this area strongly favors employees, and businesses need to know their rights and obligations. This webinar is a must for employers who want to regain effective control over their overtime costs without unintentionally walking into a minefield of legal liability.
The Problem of Unauthorized On-The-Clock Overtime
The Problem of Compensable Off-The-Clock Work
- Scenario One: The Good Employee
- Scenario Two: The Bad Employee
- The Limits of a Policy Requiring Pre-Approval for Overtime
How to Prevent Unauthorized Overtime
- Pre-Shift and Post-Shift Activities
- Tasks Performed Away From the Workplace
- Meals and Breaks
- Employees Volunteering Their Time
- Supervisors Shaving Time
About The Presenters
- Effective Policies
- Periodic Training
- Ongoing Management Responsibility
Natalie B. Kaminsky
Jacqueline C. Tully
- Associate in the Washington, D.C. Region office of Jackson Lewis P.C.
- Focuses on all aspects of federal and state wage and hour issues and class action litigation
- J.D. degree, New York University School of Law; B.A. degree, magna cum laude, New York University
- Shareholder in the Washington, D.C. Region office of Jackson Lewis P.C.
- Focuses on all aspects of federal and state wage and hour issues, class action litigation, and administrative procedures
- Uses her extensive experience litigating and providing counsel regarding wage and hour matters to inform her practical and holistic approach to both practice areas
- Selected for inclusion in Virginia Super Lawyers - Rising Stars, every year since 2012
- J.D. degree, Georgetown University Law Center; B.A. degree, magna cum laude, Loyola College
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
HR′s Strategic Role In Team Building
21 Tips For Managing Employees Who Work Remotely
The 7 Traits Of A Successful HR Manager
Disability Discrimination And The Interactive Process
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
HR For Beginners
Inclement Weather Pay Policies
Is It FMLA Or The “Friday-Monday Leave Act”? How To Identify And Investigate Employees Who Are Gaming The System
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Curbing Unauthorized Overtime
Retirement Plan Training Courses
Best Practices For Employee Giving Programs
Fundamentals Of An Employee Recognition Program