Techniques for Navigating Challenging Conversations at Work
|Date / Time:
Navigating challenging conversations at work can be career enhancing or ending and knowing the right techniques can help you step up to the challenge with confidence. So many individuals ignore or put off the conversations in the hopes that the issue will just go away. It won't.
This webinar will give you tools and techniques to help you achieve more effective outcomes to challenging conversations at work.
We will help you prepare for the challenging conversation through self-reflection, timing, fact finding, assumption testing and setting considerations. Once you are properly prepared, having the tools for the interpersonal empowerment will help you maintain the self-esteem of your colleague.
In addition, you can create an environment for a productive outcome. Learning some emotional intelligence techniques will help enhance the conversation and, over time, your career. The webinar will show effective tools and techniques to enhance your relationships at work.
Preparation Is Critical for Success
Craft the Message
- Self-Reflection - Check Your Perception for Accuracy
- Timing - Investigate the Optimal Time to Broach the Subject
- Fact Finding - Be Sure That You Have Verified Your Facts
- Test Assumptions - What Assumptions Do You Have and Are They Well Founded
Face the Challenge
- Clarify - What Is the Scope of the Issue
- Style - Adapt the Message to the Style of the Person
- Intent - What Is Your Best Outcome
- Facts and Feelings - Spell Out Your Observations and Feelings
- Succinct - Be Brief for Impact
- Anticipate - What Is Their Likely Response
- Jump in - Have the Conversation
- Esteem - Maintain Everyone's
- Listen - Listen for Solutions
- Involvement - Ask for Help With Solutions
- Share - Your Feelings and Thoughts
- Summarize - Summarize What You Understand
About The Presenter
- What Worked and What Didn't
- Certified business coach, organizational development expert, and HR executive who has more than 20 years experience working with leaders and teams
- Certified in the Hogan, Everything DiSC, Franklin-Covey, and Development Dimensions International (DDI)
- Writes regularly on the Workplace Navigator Blog
- Obtained the SPHR credential from the Society for Human Resource Management in 2002
- In 2011, she obtained her Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation from World at Work
- Master of arts degree in human resources and organizational development, University of San Francisco; B.A. degree, Cornell University
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
How To Write Clear, Concise, And Compliant Job Descriptions
Garnishments, Child Support Orders and Other Levies
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Drive HR Strategy
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
Dealing with Difficult People
HR′s Guide To Medical Marijuana In The Workplace
Personnel Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Creative - And Free - Ways To Use LinkedIn As A Recruiting Tool
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Basics Of OSHA Recordkeeping
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
IRS Rules For Work Visas
How to Supervise People Seminar
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
The Essentials Of HR Law