International Payroll Compliance Issues
|Date / Time:
The emergence of the global economy has created opportunities for a large number of companies to expand internationally.
This has resulted in an increase in cross-border transfer of their employees, thereby creating a host of challenges for companies that must administer payrolls in different jurisdictions with a myriad of reporting and tax withholding rules.
Companies must find a way to manage the global payroll and human resource issues this creates in the most efficient manner possible.
This topic will highlight many of the payroll issues that companies will encounter and provide suggestions for improving payroll compliance and efficiency in an area that can be highly labor intensive and complex.
- Compensation Accumulation
- Reportable vs. Nonreportable
- Taxable vs. Nontaxable
- Reporting Periods
- IRS Activity
Social Security Taxes
- Federal and State
- Non-U.S. Reporting
- General Rules
- Totalization Agreements
- General Rules
- State (SUTA) Issues
About The Presenter
- Bonuses and Equity Compensation
- Payments to Nonresidents
- Director with Deloitte Tax LLP and is the practice leader for the International Assignment Services group in St. Louis
- More than 30 years of experience in assisting companies from a diverse range of industries in managing the tax affairs of their international assignees
- Spent nine years living in Belgium and coordinated tax compliance and consulting services for multinational clients located in continental Europe
- Was a U.S. expatriate himself for six years and was then localized into the Belgian firm, thereby providing Bill with a unique understanding, personally and professionally, of the issues faced by both the expatriate employee and their employer
- Has made presentations to the St. Louis HRMA – International roundtables, the St. Louis Gateway Association of Payroll Professionals, Bloomberg BNA webinars, Lorman Education Services webinars and Mercer Midwest Roundtables on various international tax and HR topics
- Certified Public Accountant in Missouri; also serves on the Board of the Fathers Support Center St. Louis
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
The 7 Traits Of A Successful HR Manager
Disability Discrimination And The Interactive Process
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
HR′s Strategic Role In Team Building
21 Tips For Managing Employees Who Work Remotely
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
HR For Beginners
Inclement Weather Pay Policies
Is It FMLA Or The “Friday-Monday Leave Act”? How To Identify And Investigate Employees Who Are Gaming The System
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Curbing Unauthorized Overtime
Retirement Plan Training Courses
Best Practices For Employee Giving Programs
Fundamentals Of An Employee Recognition Program