Creating a Payroll Manual: Putting Your Procedures Into Writing
|Date / Time:
In today's litigious environment, it is a good time to audit and update your company's payroll procedures and manual.
This topic is intended to provide you with information on how to put together a payroll procedures manual. Cover what goes into a payroll procedures manual, how to conduct an internal payroll audit, how to document payroll procedures, drafting payroll policies, and how to address employee complaints about their paycheck and dealing with DOL investigations.
Items to Consider Including in a Payroll Procedures Manual
Handling Complaints by Employees
- Affordable Care Act Calculations
- I-9 and E-Verify Procedures
- W-4s and W-9s
- Payroll Practices
- Code of Conduct
- Integrity and Compliance
- Record Retention
- Compliance With Wage and Hour Rules
- Travel Time
- Review of Timecards or Time Records
- New Hire Reporting
- W-9 Form for Individual Employees
- EEO-1 and Vets 100 Reports
- Affirmative Action Requirements, If Applicable
- Safety and Security Procedures
Responding to Government Inquiries
- Paycheck Audits
- Other Types of Complaints
About The Presenter
- Handling SSN No Match Letters
- Handling Third-Party Inquiries About Identity Issues
Julie A. Pace
- Partner in The Cavanagh Law Firm
- Practice is concentrated in the fields of employment, health care, construction, litigation, I-9s, E-Verify, human resources, EEOC, and DOL training and investigations
- Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America and Arizona’s Finest Lawyers
- Contributing writer to Legal Briefs on Immigration Reform from 25 of the Top Legal Minds in the Country
- Frequent speaker and writer on a variety of employment, OSHA, drug and alcohol, disciplining and terminating employees, I-9, respect at work and anti-harassment topics
- Co-editor of three books on human resources and employment law, and I-9 and E-Verify published by the Arizona Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Recipient of Arizona Business Magazine’s 2008 Centers of Influence Award, which recognizes the 10 leading attorneys, accountants and bankers in Arizona
- Served as co-chair of the Arizona Chamber of Commerce Immigration Taskforce Committee
- J.D. degree, cum laude, Arizona State University; B.S. degree in business administration, magna cum laude, Arizona State University
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Service Animals In The Workplace: What You Need To Know
What To Do When Applicants Or Employees Have A Criminal History
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
How To Coach Up Or Counsel Out Problem Employees
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
How To Avoid Wrongful Termination Claims
Form I-9: Understanding The Anti-Discrimination Provisions Of The Law
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
IRS Rules For Inpat &Expat Payroll
Dealing with Difficult People
How To Communicate With Tact And Professionalism
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts
How to Supervise People Seminar