Conflict Management Strategies
|Date / Time:
Conflict is apparent in the workplace, especially during tough business times where resources are light and tempers are shorter.
Most people lack basic conflict management skills and react to conflict on a purely emotional level. In reacting to conflict, many managers will attempt to ignore the problem in hopes that they will just disappear. However, this method will create more stress and tension in the workplace and cause additional conflict among the parties and even involve others in the conflict.
This topic will guide you to manage disputes and disagreements positively and proactively.
This topic is designed to clarify and expand your thinking about conflict, as well as identify underlying causes of, and new ways to respond to and manage conflict. It is more productive to respond to conflict rather than react to it.
You will learn about emotional triggers and be able to recognize those triggers in an effort to prevent explosive situations. The topic will outline flexible strategies of conflict management that will improve your communication performance and ability to respond to conflict. Learn different ways to manage conflict productively by examining the gender trend; discussing the different types of conflict in the workplace; and developing conflict awareness. Learn how to map the conflict and explore alternatives to resolve the conflict quickly and effectively.
Developing Conflict Awareness
Responding to Conflict
- Illustrate How Conflict Can Be Positive, and When Left Unmanaged, Can Be Negative
- Explain the Difference Between Disagreement and Conflict
- Describe Conflict as It Goes Through Five Stages
- Explain the Role of Feelings in Moving Disagreement Into Conflict
- Describe Barriers to Managing and Resolving Conflict
Different Ways to Manage Conflict Productively
- Examine the Concept That Each Person Is Responsible and in Charge of His Own Feelings and Behaviors
- Explain How Emotional Intelligence Relies on People Tuning in to Their Own Feelings and the Feelings of Others
- Apply the Validating Process
- Distinguish Between Listening for Thoughts and Listening for Feelings in a Conversation
- Explain That Meaning Often Comes From the Context of the Relationship Rather Than the Intrinsic Definition of Words We Use
About The Presenter
- Explain the Gender Trend in Conflict
- Identify Strategies for Responding to Conflict
- Examine the Conflict Strategies by Identifying Each Style in Action
- Differentiate Among Passive, Assertive and Aggressive Behavior
- Learn to Map the Conflict and Find the Most Appropriate Strategy for Resolution
Jackie A. Sexson
- Compliance manager with Fortune 300 company
- Former executive director with the legal and human resources consulting firm, The Sexson Group
- Extensive experience in employment and labor law, as well as human resources
- Has a legal and HR background in employee relations, performance management (360-degree feedback), organizational management, benefits administration, recruitment and selection, compensation, equal employment opportunity, and training and development
- Experience with the public sector, Fortune 500 companies and small startup companies
- Held director and executive level positions, and worked as an independent consultant
- Certified as a senior professional in human resources by the Society for Human Resources Management
- J.D. and M.B.A. degrees
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Serious Complaint or Employee Drama?
Guidelines For Taxing Gifts, Awards, &Other Fringe Benefits
How To Supervise Employees Who Don′t Get Along
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
How To Stop Toxic Employees From Side-Tracking Your Company
Agile Basics For HR
Motivate Or Terminate
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Advanced Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
How To Coach Up Or Counsel Out Problem Employees
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Certificate In Essentials Of Human Resource Management Seminar
Certificate In Employee Relations Law Seminar