Understanding The Integration Of FMLA, WC, Disability, And COBRA TimeLines
|Date / Time:
How do workers' compensation, FMLA, disability, and COBRA laws work - together, independently or concurrently? What can run together? What cannot? When can we cancel the health plan, for what reason and is it a COBRA qualifying event?
Pull all of these together to explain the employer's liability. When can coverage be cancelled? What laws protect employee benefits?
Many times all of these laws touch ONE person - you need to be sure your corporate policies and actions are in compliance with all of the requirements of the laws.
FMLA, Workers' Compensation, Disability and COBRA?
- Which of These Laws Are Mandated?
- What Size Employers Must Abide?
- Purpose – Not a Mandate
- Replaces Income – Salary Insurance
- Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
- Does Not Coordinate With Other Employee Benefits
- Purpose – Protects Job and Benefits
- What Employer's Must Abide?
- How Are Employees Counted?
- Time Line – 12 Weeks, New 26 Weeks Military-Related
- When Does Leave Start?
- What Should Happen the First Day of the 13th (27th) Week?
COBRA – Federal
- Purpose – State Mandate
- Protects What? Less Than You Think!
- Can Employee Benefits Be Canceled While out on Workers' Compensation?
- Is There a COBRA Qualifying Event?
- 18-Month Events
- Reduction in Work Hours – Should Use More Often?
- How Do FMLA, COBRA and Workers' Compensation Work Together?
- When Should Each Begin and End?
About The Presenters
- Employer Must Have Before It Happens
- Approved Leaves – How Will It Impact Employee Benefits?
- The Problems Lack of a Policy Can Cause
- Be Sure Employer's Written Policy Is Supported by Employee Benefit Contracts
Paula H. Harvey, M.B.A., SHRM-SCP, SPHR, GPHR, ASC
- Strategic Global Human Resources professional
- Professional experience has spanned more than 28 years
- Multilingual and has spoken to both global and national audiences on many subjects in the Human Resources and Safety fields
- Worked in a wide variety of industries including construction products, manufacturing, distribution, retail, engineering services, furniture and steel fabrication
- Active member of SHRM serving as the 2014-2015 NCSHRM Director-Emeritus, past Membership Advisory Council (MAC) Representative, and past-president of two SHRM chapters
- Honored with the NCSHRM Humanitarian of the Year in 2014, NCSHRM HR Professional of the Year in 2005, and the 2009 HR Consultant of the Year awards
- Inducted in 2012 to the NCSHRM HR Hall of Fame
- Global and nationally-certified HR and Safety Professional and instructs at many institutions of higher learning
- M.B.A. degree, with a concentration in human resource management, UNC Charlotte; B.B.A. degree in international marketing and operations management, University of Texas at Austin
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
The 7 Traits Of A Successful HR Manager
Disability Discrimination And The Interactive Process
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
HR′s Strategic Role In Team Building
21 Tips For Managing Employees Who Work Remotely
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
HR For Beginners
Inclement Weather Pay Policies
Is It FMLA Or The “Friday-Monday Leave Act”? How To Identify And Investigate Employees Who Are Gaming The System
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Curbing Unauthorized Overtime
Retirement Plan Training Courses
Best Practices For Employee Giving Programs
Fundamentals Of An Employee Recognition Program