Making Incentive Stock Options Work
|Date / Time:
While employers are always looking to provide incentive to their employees and reward them, it is often unclear how to do so. One attractive way to reward and and give incentive to employees is to provide them with incentive stock options.
Incentive stock options provide employees with an equity interest in the company such that a portion of their compensation is directly linked to the performance of the employer. While incentive stock options are a great way to provide incentive compensation to a company's employees, there are many requirements which must be satisfied in order for an award of Incentive Stock option to provide the biggest benefit possible to the employee.
This webinar will help those individuals responsible for determining how to compensate employees, and responsible for the compliance of employees' compensation, to understand why incentive stock options are an attractive form of incentive compensation and understand the many requirements which must be satisfied to most effectively provide incentive stock options to employees.
Overview of the Different Types of Equity Compensation
Requirements for a Stock Option to Constitute an Incentive Stock Option
- Identify the Various Types of Equity Awards Granted by Companies to Employees
- Discuss the Considerations in Determining Which Type of Equity Awards to Grant
Tax Treatment of Incentive Stock Options
- Discuss Requirements for the Plan Document Granting Incentive Stock Options
- Discuss Requirement for the Option to Constitute an Incentive Stock Option
- Comparison With Nonqualified Stock Options
- Discuss Consequences of Failing to Comply With Statutory Requirements
Other Issues Associated With Incentive Stock Options
- Employer Tax Consequences and Reporting and Withholding Obligations
- Employee Tax Consequences
About The Presenters
- Considerations for Incentive Stock Options in a Change in Control
- Modification, Extension or Renewal of Incentive Stock Options
Elizabeth H. Bray
Hannah R. DeLuca
- Associate with Polsinelli PC
- Practices in the area of employee benefits and executive compensation which allows her to find creative and practical options to problems created by complex laws and regulations
- Understands and works with clients to design, implement and ensure the compliance of employee benefit plans and executive compensation arrangements with the Internal Revenue Code, ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, the Affordable Care Act and other federal statutes affecting such arrangements
- Routinely drafts and reviews welfare plans including group health plans, cafeteria plans and wellness plans as well as qualified pension, profit-sharing and nonqualified retirement plans
- Assist clients with the tax and ERISA issues that arise in connection with mergers, acquisitions, and other corporate transactions, including the 280G parachute payment calculations; also advises clients with respect to all forms of equity compensation plans, including the review of such plans for tax compliance with 409A and 162(m)
- J.D. degree, Villanova University School of Law; B.A. degree, Villanova University
- Associate with Polsinelli PC
- Practices in employee benefits and executive compensation
- Obtained a summary judgment in favor of a health plan plaintiff in ERISA claim for benefit litigation
- Prepared IRS filings in connection with an Employee Stock Ownership Plan’s 409(p) violation and reduction of potential IRS penalties and taxes
- Established creative equity incentive plans for start-up and mid-sized employers and established incentive compensation plans for public companies
- Drafted comprehensive medical insurance, health reimbursement arrangement and flexible spending arrangement plans for a large public employer
- J.D. degree, University of North Carolina; M.A. degree, University of Missouri-Kansas City; B.A. degree, University of Missouri-Kansas City
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism
Managing Emotions Under Pressure
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Document Your Payroll Procedures
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
Company Ethics: How To Set The Tone As A Leader
SOX Requirements For Payroll
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Dealing with Difficult People
Bring Our Training Courses To Your Location