2016 Federal Employment Law Outlook: HR's Essential Policy and Practice Update
|Date / Time:
Are your organization's policies and practices ready for a changing federal employment law landscape?
2016 will be a big year for HR policy and practice revision, with issues like overtime exemptions, pregnancy accommodations, background checks, quickie union elections and more demanding your attention.
Join us for an in-depth explanation of the latest employment law challenges for 2016 and gain practical solutions.
- The DOL has proposed new overtime regulations that will tighten up the duties test for white-collar exemptions.
- The EEOC's Strategic Enforcement Plan is focusing on pay disparities, criminal background checks, ADA Amendments Act violations, and protections for LGBT employees.
- The EEOC has proposed new regulations for wellness programs addressing the ADA and GINA regulations
- The OFCCP is gearing up to aggressively analyze compensation practices and eliminate pay disparity for women and minorities, to require the hiring of disabled persons, and to require contractors to publicly report labor and employment law violations.
- The NLRB has reduced the time frame for union elections to as few as 10 days. And it’s continuing its assault on employer social media policies, confidentiality rules for workplace investigations, and non-solicitation/no distribution rules in both unionized and non-unionized workplaces.
- What the latest wage & hour enforcement trends really mean, including the impact of the DOL’s proposed overtime exemption regulations on federal wage and hour obligations
- How to avoid being the target of a DOL misclassification lawsuit
- When to be concerned about “joint employer” liability for back wages under the FLSA, unfair labor practices under the NLRA, and Title VII violations
- The practical impact of the new EEOC enforcement guidance on pregnancy discrimination and recent cases of discriminatory background checks, LGBT discrimination, and ADA violations
- How to be adjust to OFCCP’s new initiatives regarding hiring and promotion of individuals with disabilities, women and minorities
- How to ensure your practices or policies don’t violate the NLRA
- The impact of the NLRB’s quickie election rules
- How your employees can use your email system to engage in union organizing
- And much more!
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||PHR / SPHR Re-Certification Credits|
All US States: 1.5
|About The Provider:
||BLR® is the leader in helping organizations, and their employees, reduce safety, environmental and employment compliance-related legal exposure, stay on the right side of law, and achieve their full potential. We offer best-in-class compliance product and services that includes news, information & analysis, best practice guidance, employee training and turn-key tools delivered in a wide range of formats from online applications, live events and websites to books, CD's, Video, Posters and newsletters geared to all sized organizations and industries.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Keywords For This Course:|
HR policy and practice revision, Federal Employment Law Outlook, employment law challenges
The 7 Traits Of A Successful HR Manager
Disability Discrimination And The Interactive Process
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
HR′s Strategic Role In Team Building
21 Tips For Managing Employees Who Work Remotely
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
HR For Beginners
Inclement Weather Pay Policies
Is It FMLA Or The “Friday-Monday Leave Act”? How To Identify And Investigate Employees Who Are Gaming The System
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Curbing Unauthorized Overtime
Retirement Plan Training Courses
Best Practices For Employee Giving Programs
Fundamentals Of An Employee Recognition Program