Employee Theft and Misappropriation: How to Stem the Tide
|Date / Time:
The cost of employee theft and its drain upon all organizations - not only in dollars but also in time, effort, employee morale and client confidence - cannot be understated. Theft manifests itself in a variety of ways, it is not limited solely to inventory, but can encompass misappropriation of supplies, false expense reports, information and even theft of time.
It is critical for all employers, regardless of size, to have a cohesive, predetermined approach to minimizing employee misappropriation, as well as a comprehensive plan to respond to theft when it occurs.
This webinar helps employers develop a system for minimizing, detecting and responding to employee misappropriation, considering the legal and practical implications of developing such a system. While different employers will need to take various factors into consideration to tailor a program that best fits their organizations, this class will help identify issues employers should consider to develop the right program for themselves.
Theft Control Mechanisms
- Types of Theft and Misappropriation - It's More Than You Think
- Costs of Employee Theft
Conducting Internal Investigations
- Workplace Policies Every Employer Should Have (and Some to Consider)
- Activities to Control Theft, From the Pre-Hire Phase and Forward
- Privacy and Other Legal Implications of Theft Control Mechanisms
About The Presenter
- Steps to Take
- Who Should Investigate?
- Discipline and/or Termination
- Deciding to Involve the Police
- Partner in the New York office of Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
- Extensive experience in civil rights, and labor and employment matters, including discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, defamation, civil service, equal pay, and wage and hour claims
- Represents companies, large and small, public and private, in labor and employment litigation before federal, state and local courts, agencies, mediators and arbitrators
- Litigation practice involves extensive interactions with clients, in-house counsel and administrative agencies, including counsel for the NYSDHR and the EEOC
- Conducts sensitivity and handbook training in house for all levels of employees, to reinforce the policies of the employer and ensure its discrimination and harassment protocols are publicized and understood
- Provides comprehensive counseling and advice to corporate owners and human resource personnel on daily issues and personnel decisions that arise in the workplace, including litigation avoidance and/or minimization techniques, planning reductions-in-force and other cost-cutting measures, setting up performance plans, and addressing emergency workplace situations
- Prepares and reviews a multitude of human resource-related documents, including em-ployment applications, FMLA forms, disciplinary notices, performance reviews, termina-tion letters and employee handbooks
- Vice chair of the Job Description Subcommittee for the Employment Law Committee of DRI, the international organization of civil litigation defense attorneys
- J.D. degree, New York University School of Law; B.A. degree, Queens College of the City University of New York
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism
Managing Emotions Under Pressure
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Document Your Payroll Procedures
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
Company Ethics: How To Set The Tone As A Leader
SOX Requirements For Payroll
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Dealing with Difficult People
Bring Our Training Courses To Your Location