Designing Your Wellness Plan to Avoid Enforcement Action and Litigation Risks
|Date / Time:
The EEOC has brought several enforcement actions against employers based on their wellness plans. In addition, the DOL has increased its enforcement and review of wellness plans. In June 2013, the IRS, DOL, and HHS issued new HIPAA nondiscrimination regulations governing wellness plans. These regulations make significant changes and clarifications to the prior regulations. While implementing the provision in health care reform allowing for greater incentives, the regulations also impose a number of new requirements on wellness plan design.
This course will review the EEOC and DOL enforcement actions and regulatory developments. It also provides an overview of the statutes, case law, and other requirements of wellness plans. This webinar is a must for those who advise employers on wellness plans and policies designed to promote a healthier workplace.
Overview of Wellness Plans
Legal Limitations and Enforcement Risks
- Types of Wellness Plans
- Health Risk Assessments
- Disease Management
- Risk Identification
- Behavioral Modification
- Reducing the Cost of Chronic Disease
- Reduction in Health Insurance Premiums, Coinsurance or Copays
- Other Rewards
About The Presenters
- ADA the Americans With Disabilities Act
- GINA the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act
- HIPAA the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- GINA the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act
- ERISA the Employee Retirement Income Security Act
- The Code the Internal Revenue Code
- Additional Compliance Points
- Other Federal Laws
Timothy D.S. Goodman
Mark J. Kinney
- Partner with the law firm of Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Advises employers on all aspects of employee benefits
- Advises employers on DOL, IRS and EEOC guidance on wellness plans, Affordable Care Act questions, and other health and welfare matters
- Advises employers on severance, benefit matters related to reductions in force, retirement plan corrections and compliance, and deferred compensation
- Focuses on hospital and health care employers, agricultural and cooperative employers, and tax-exempt employers
- Former president of the Midwest Pension Conference and the Minneapolis Pension Council
- Member of the American Bar Association’s Tax and Labor and Employment Sections, and the Minnesota State Bar Association’s Employee Benefits Section and Tax Section
- Frequent speaker on health care reform, wellness, and benefit and compensation topics
- Founded The Kinney Firm in 2010, now Kinney & Larson LLP; former partner with Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- 22 years’ experience
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America and Best Law Firms in America
- Advises vendors of wellness plans and employers considering wellness plans
- Advises venture capital funds in the health care industry, third party administrators, health care purchasing coalitions, and health care plans
- Expertise in ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, GINA, the Affordable Care Act, and Internal Revenue Code provisions related to health and welfare benefits
- Frequent speaker on Affordable Care Act implementation, wellness plans, and health and welfare benefit topics
- Member of the Minnesota State Bar Association’s Employee Benefits Section
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism
Managing Emotions Under Pressure
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Document Your Payroll Procedures
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
Company Ethics: How To Set The Tone As A Leader
SOX Requirements For Payroll
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Dealing with Difficult People
Bring Our Training Courses To Your Location