Electronic Record Retention: Mistakes HR Professionals Can Avoid
|Date / Time:
This webinar explores how and why effective implementation of an electronic records program for HR data and personnel files requires building a strong three-legged stool, consisting of: appropriate use of computer technology; compliance with a wide range of legal rules; and execution of a sound process management regime.
By attending, you will learn how to navigate key regulatory rules, data security concerns, and technology tools and platforms. You will not only glean many practical tips, but also receive links to a wide range of resources that can help you and your colleagues plan and implement new processes.
Derivable Benefits: Effectively Making the Business Case for Going Paperless
Legal Authorities Supporting E-Records
- SearchAbility and SurfAbility
- Reducing Storage Costs
- Quality Control (QC) and Automated Retention/Destruction Rules
- Information Security
- Reducing Storage Costs
- Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability (CIA) of Data
- Timely and Sound Destruction
- Protecting the Environment
- Federal and State Statutes and Regulations - Examples
- Federal and State Rules of Procedure and Evidence
- ESIGN Act and UETA
- Personnel "Files" - Inspection Rights and Restrictions as to:
- Data Security - Top Ten Tips
- The "Cloud"
- "Netiquette" Do's and Don'ts
About The Presenters
- The Three Ghosts - Addressing Past/Present/Future Information Sets
- Scanning/Dissemination Protocols
- Compliance Policies "Three E's"
- Resources for Learning More
Robert D. Brownstone, Esq.
Sheeva J. Ghassemi-Vanni, Esq.
- Technology and eDiscovery counsel, and Electronic-Information-Management (EIM) Group chair at Fenwick & West LLP, a 300-attorney, Silicon Valley based, national law firm
- Advises clients and colleagues on information security, data privacy, electronic information management, electronic discovery, retention/destruction policies/protocols, and social media rewards and risks
- Nationwide conference chair, speaker and writer on many law and technology issues, including on the www.ITLawToday.com blog
- Teaches electronic discovery law and process at multiple law schools
- Frequently quoted in the press as a source on electronic information issues
- Advisory board member, National Employment Law Institute
- J.D. degree, magna cum laude, Brooklyn Law School; B.A. degree, Swarthmore College
- Senior associate, Employment Practices Group at Fenwick & West LLP
- Advises employers on all stages of employment, including hiring, progressive discipline, and termination; reductions in force; leaves of absence; disability accommodation; wage and hour issues; worker classification; noncompetition and nonsolicitation covenants; social media; and compliance with state and federal employment laws
- Represents employers in litigation regarding discrimination; sexual harassment; wrongful termination; retaliation; wage and hour disputes; and trade secrets
- Advises companies regarding labor and employment issues arising in mergers and acquisitions
- Regularly provides management and employee training on harassment prevention, recruiting and hiring, performance management, and termination
- J.D. degree, Santa Clara University School of Law; B.A. degree, summa cum laude, San Jose State University
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
9 Ways To Spot, Handle, and Reduce Workers′ Comp Fraud
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
Visa (Non-Immigration) For Payroll Professionals
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Service Animals In The Workplace: What You Need To Know
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Communicate With Tact And Professionalism
Dealing with Difficult People
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts
How to Supervise People Seminar