Affirmative Action Compliance Update
|Date / Time:
When was the last time you updated your narrative plan documents, your applicant self-identification forms, and your statistical and adverse impact analysis? If a letter from the OFCCP is in your mailbox today, are you confident that your plan will pass muster?
As you update your plan documents for 2016, take 90 minutes for an in-depth review of recent changes to the regulatory requirements and best practices that affect each aspect of your plan and related forms. Identify areas for improvement in your plan and compliance efforts, and become familiar with the OFCCP's current audit practices and regulatory focus.
Crunching the Numbers
- Executive Order 11246
- Coverage and Exemption Issues
- Overview of Requirements for Service Contractors and Construction Contractors
- Affirmative Action Programs for Veterans and Individuals With Disabilities
- Adverse Impact Analysis
- Tips on Conducting Required Statistical Analysis and Reports
- Massaging Your Data, Without Running Afoul of the Rules
OFCCP Enforcement Update
- Who Is an Applicant?
- Internet Applicant Obligations and Recordkeeping
What's Next for Covered Contractors?About The Presenter
- New and Emerging Issues
- Strategies for Surviving an Audit
James K. Cowan, Jr., Esq.
- Chairman and founder of CowanPerry PC in Blacksburg and Roanoke, Virgina
- Practice focuses on labor and employment counsel, and litigation
- Represents a number of employers in the mid-Atlantic region, ranging from high-tech start-ups to large manufacturers
- 18 years litigation experience in federal and state courts across Virginia defending wrongful discharge claims, claims for relief under the Family Medical Leave Act and Fair Labor Standards Act, disability discrimination claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act, age discrimination claims under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and claims of sexual harassment, and race and gender discrimination under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Focuses on assisting clients with compliance obligations under the FLSA, FMLA, ADA, ADEA, Title VII, and Executive Order 11246 compliance, including preparation of affirmative action plans and responding to OFCCP audits
- Frequent speaker and corporate trainer for companies on sexual harassment, employment discrimination, FMLA and ADA compliance, the Fair Labor Standards Act, diversity and affirmative action, conducting workplace investigations, hiring and firing, and union free management
- Member of the Virginia State Bar; the Virginia Bar Association, Labor Relations and Employment Law Section; board member for the New River Valley Society for Human Resource Management; currently serves as general counsel to the New River Valley Economic Development Alliance, and as chairman of the New River Valley Regional Executive Council
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®, Labor and Employment Law; selected as a Virginia Super Lawyer in Employment and Labor
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Reasonable Accommodation - Impairment
Garnishments, Child Support Orders and Other Levies
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Write Clear, Concise, And Compliant Job Descriptions
How To Drive HR Strategy
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
Background Checks And Safe Hiring: Trends, Legal Developments, And Best Practices
Personnel Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Creative - And Free - Ways To Use LinkedIn As A Recruiting Tool
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
HR′s Guide To Medical Marijuana In The Workplace
How To Properly Complete A Form I-9
Basics Of OSHA Recordkeeping
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
IRS Rules For Work Visas