Construction Scheduling Practices And Techniques
|Date / Time:
Just as a bid is an estimate of the costs needed to construct a project, the schedule is an estimate of the time needed to construct a project. The first step of properly managing your project time is planning your project and then working your plan.
In order to manage your project using the project schedule, you will need to ensure that the project schedule represents your construction plan. Properly managing your project time also includes managing project risks, which includes managing added work, changes to the project, and dealing with unanticipated events.
The benefits of this webinar includes an experienced instructor who can provide the perspective of both the contractor, who is typically responsible for developing and updating the project schedule, and the owner, who is typically responsible with reviewing and accepting the project schedule and evaluating requests for additional time. We will also discuss how project schedules are used and misused to support a party's position.
Construction Scheduling Basics
Essential CPM Scheduling Information
- What Is a Schedule?
- Why Are Schedules Necessary?
- Who Is the Scheduler?
- Different Scheduling Techniques
- Critical Path Method (CPM) Scheduling
How to Build a Project Schedule
- Data Date; Durations
- Logic Relationships
- Calendars; Activity Dates
- Forward and Backward Pass
- Float - Total Float, Free Float, and Negative Float
- What Is the Critical Path?
- Constraints; Cost and Resource Loading
Updating the Project Schedule
- What Is the Baseline Schedule?
- Planning vs. Scheduling
- Development: Top-Down or Bottom-Up
- Sequencing; Durations
- Coordination; Recommendations
Time Extension Requests
- Why Is the Project Schedule Updated?
- How to Update the Schedule?
- Progress vs. Revisions; Making Changes
- Revised Schedules; Recovery Schedules
Scheduling Best Practices and Abuses
- Using the Project Schedule to Demonstrate Entitlement to Additional Time
- Time Impact Analysis
- Preparing and Evaluating a Request for Additional Time
About The Presenter
- The Project Schedule Is Project Management Tool
- As-Built Logic Changes
- Misused Scheduling Software Features
- Gaming the Schedule
Mark F. Nagata, PSP
- Director and Shareholder with Trauner Consulting Services, Inc.
- Focuses in the areas of CPM scheduling; claims preparation and analysis; and the review, editing, and updating of specifications
- Has provided expert testimony on delays, termination for default, and damages
- Certified Planning and Scheduling Professional
- Certified Construction Documents Technologist with the Construction Specifications Institute
- Involved with the analysis and presentation of claims on projects involving mass transit, government, military, education, high-rise residential and civil works
- Co-wrote, Construction Delays: Understanding Them Clearly, Analyzing Them Correctly, Second Edition
- Contributing writer on the Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering International’s Recommended Practice No. 29R-03 for Forensic Schedule Analysis. The Recommended Practice is the first publication in the industry that comprehensively classifies all known schedule analysis techniques used by construction scheduling professionals to identify and measure project delay using project schedules
- Award-winning instructor with the National Highway Institute and is currently presenting the following courses: “Use of CPM for Estimating Scheduling and Timely Completion,” “Managing Highway Contract Claims: Analysis & Avoidance, Alternative Contracting, and Principles of Writing Highway Construction Specifications,” presenting these courses to many state DOTs across the nation
- Provides CPM schedule review and time extension review and negotiation services for the New York City School Construction Authority and the New York City Department of Transportation
- B.A. degree in economics, University of Pennsylvania
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
How To Properly Complete A Form I-9
Workplace Investigations 101: The Basics For Conducting Workplace Investigations
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Employee Handbook Updates for 2017: How To Ensure Legal Compliance And Avoid Liability
PTO Plan Or Traditional Vacation And Sick Time? The Pros and Cons Of A Paid-Time-Off Plan
Pre-Employment Screening: Can I Ask That Question?
Agile Basics For HR
Strategic HR Basics: A Practical Approach To Working More Strategically In HR
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Basics Of Affirmative Action Planning
How To Identify And Investigate Claims Of Bullying
How To Change The Perception Of The HR Department
The Essentials Of HR Law
FMLA Training &Certification Program
ADA Training &Certification Program