FMLA Issues Involving Medical Certifications
|Date / Time:
Employee attendance and productivity are keys to a successful organization. Employee leaves of absence can create many issues for an employer. Many employers do not understand what they can and cannot do regarding medical certifications. Proper management of the medical certification process is critical for employer's to meet the productivity goals of the organization. Compliance with federal and state leave laws is critical in minimizing a company's liability.
This information will assist the persons responsible for leave management of FMLA to understand the employer's obligations and what actions an employer can take to keep its workforce present and productive. This webinar will focus on procedures of complying with the FMLA and other extraneous issues that may pose an exposure risk. These procedures will allow your company to navigate the often complex web of overlapping issues within the FMLA as well as federal and state leave and disability laws. Receive tips and insight to manage the FMLA and other leave issues.
Overview of Employee Eligibilty
- Who Is Covered
- Reasons for the Leave
- Leave Entitlement
About The Presenter
- Second and Third Opinions
- Exceeding Certification Time
- Clarification of Medical Certifications
Robbin W. Hutton
- Partner at the Memphis office of Ford & Harrison LLP
- Practice includes health care, manufacturing, employment litigation, restaurant industry and labor
- Has represented management for more than 15 years on a variety of issues; for the last eleven, she has devoted her practice exclusively to employment law and labor matters, her broad experience allows her to see HR issues in a broader business context
- Works with clients in a range of industries, including hospitality/restaurants, health care/long-term care, and manufacturing
- Develops and implements employment policies, and conducts work-related investigations and HR audits for employers
- Frequent speaker on labor and employment topics, also conducts training and seminars on various employment-related topics, including sexual harassment/discrimination, FMLA, FLSA, union issues and ADA
- J.D. degree, Mississippi College School of Law; B.P.A. degree, University of Mississippi
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Service Animals In The Workplace: What You Need To Know
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
Visa (Non-Immigration) For Payroll Professionals
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
How To Avoid Wrongful Termination Claims
Form I-9: Understanding The Anti-Discrimination Provisions Of The Law
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Dealing with Difficult People
How To Communicate With Tact And Professionalism
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts