Developing Safety Incentive Programs To Reduce Workers' Compensation Claims
|Date / Time:
OSHA has declared war on certain types of safety incentive programs, and companies can be fined by OSHA or become the subject of whistle-blower protection legal actions if programs are improperly structured.
Learn about OSHA's current enforcement program related to incentives, discuss the "do's and don'ts" when designing safety incentives, address the benefits of incentive programs in controlling workers' compensation claims, and advise on how to effectively structure programs while avoiding legal liability.
About The Presenter
- OSHA Policy on Incentive (and Discipline) Programs
- Impact on Injury/Illness Reporting and OSHA's Recordkeeping National Emphasis Program
- Benefits of Incentive Programs in Reducing Injuries and Illnesses
- Legally Effective Incentive Programs That Are Not Based on Injury/Illness Data
- Worker Motivation Techniques
- Incentive Program Options
- Role of Supervisors in Motivating Workers
- Whistle-Blower Issues (SEC. 11C of OSH Act
Adele L. Abrams, Esq., CMSP
- President of the Law Office of Adele L. Abrams P.C., in MD, CO and WV; www.safety-law.com
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of occupational safety and health and employment law
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on numerous OSHA, MSHA and human resource issues
- Wrote several publications related to the areas of occuoational safety and health and employment law
- Memberships include: ASSE, NSC, SHRM and ABA
- J.D. degree, George Washington University; B.S. degree, University of Maryland
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
The 7 Traits Of A Successful HR Manager
Disability Discrimination And The Interactive Process
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
HR′s Strategic Role In Team Building
21 Tips For Managing Employees Who Work Remotely
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
HR For Beginners
Inclement Weather Pay Policies
Is It FMLA Or The “Friday-Monday Leave Act”? How To Identify And Investigate Employees Who Are Gaming The System
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Curbing Unauthorized Overtime
Retirement Plan Training Courses
Best Practices For Employee Giving Programs
Fundamentals Of An Employee Recognition Program