Weeding Out The Bad Candidates: Best Practices For Sourcing, Resume Review And Pre-Screening
|Date / Time:
Many human resource professionals are under intense pressure to perform their jobs without adequate training, especially in the sales arena called recruiting or talent acquisition.
This webinar will supply human resource professionals with the training required to create a solid foundation for their talent acquisition process.
Using this process of sourcing and pre-screening, the company will be able to recruit and select top candidates. The selection of better and more engaged employees leads to greater profitability, fewer human resource challenges, and greater retention.
This information is critical for employers and leaders who recognize the need to attract, identify and deliver better qualified candidates to grow their business.
Effective Job Description: Foundation to Sourcing, Interviewing, Selection and Retention
Creative Sourcing for Resumes
- What Are Day to Day Duties/Expectations? Monthly?
- Are There Strategic Responsibilities?
- What Are the Three Month, Six Month, Nine Month, and 12 Month Goals?
- Combination of Elements Gives a Crystal Clear View of Required Skills for Selection of Best Qualified Candidate
Effective Pre-Screening Interview Creation
- Now That You Have a Base of Resumes, How Best to Screen?
- First Two to 12 Second Screening Scan – Goal - Screen in/out Obvious Candidates
- Second 30 Second Scan – Goal – Screen in/out First Level of Potential Candidates Left
- Interview Scan for Candidates Selected for Pre-Screen
- Develop the Pre-Screening Interview
- Sample Questions - Develop Questions Based on Job Description/Resume
About The Presenter
- Questions You Should Ask to Gauge Interest and Knowledge of the Company
- Discuss Company, Position, Hiring Manager - Sell Them on the Opportunity
- Ask for Clarification - (Follow up Questions Are the Best Information Gatherers)
- Then Ask How They Feel About the Opportunity Since We've Had Our Discussion
- Like the Candidate? Now You Are Ready for the Next Step – the Onsite Interview
- Owner, RecruiterGuy.com
- Practice encompasses active recruitment sourcing, recruitment, training, consulting and speaking
- Conducts regular seminars on recruitment and finding a job
- Published writer of RecruiterGuy’s Guide To Finding A Job and regular contributor to Recruiting Trends and Salt Lake City Examiner, appeared live on Headline News, monthly contributor on Park City TV and appeared on CBS Radio Las Vegas KXNT several times
- More than 56 TV guest appearances across the US including live on Headline News
- Quoted in the NY Times and in Vancouver The Province
- Member of SHRM
- B.A. degree in English, Assumption College, Worcester, Massachusetts
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
How To Properly Complete A Form I-9
Workplace Investigations 101: The Basics For Conducting Workplace Investigations
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Employee Handbook Updates for 2017: How To Ensure Legal Compliance And Avoid Liability
PTO Plan Or Traditional Vacation And Sick Time? The Pros and Cons Of A Paid-Time-Off Plan
Pre-Employment Screening: Can I Ask That Question?
Agile Basics For HR
Strategic HR Basics: A Practical Approach To Working More Strategically In HR
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Basics Of Affirmative Action Planning
How To Identify And Investigate Claims Of Bullying
How To Change The Perception Of The HR Department
The Essentials Of HR Law
FMLA Training &Certification Program
ADA Training &Certification Program