Workers' Compensation: Return to Work Issues
|Date / Time:
This is an intermediate level review of practical, legal and medical issues for return to work programs and problems.
This webinar will be emphasized on FMLA, ADA, pregnancy and maternity leave, and reemployment for veterans. It will also focus on common problems faced by HR departments.
Key Issues in Programs
- Notice Requirements for Return-to-Work Policies, Injuries and Illness
- Unexpected Illnesses and Disabilities
- Designation of Leave
- Medical and HR Tools to Achieve Return to Work
- Medical Inquiries
- Temporary Work Assignments
- Permanent Accommodation
- Last Chance Agreements
- Settlements of Claims
- Accommodation of Aging Employees
- Employment and Reemployment of Veterans
- Pregnancy and Maternity Leave
- Employees With Mental Health Impairments
About The Presenter
- Sample Return-to-Work Provisions
- Examples of What Not to Do
Patrick J. Platter
- Partner in the office of Neale & Newman, LLP
- Practice emphasizes on all aspects of work related injury litigation and planning models for employers, land use law, administrative law, and a general trial practice
- Injury litigation practice includes workers’ compensation, disability benefit litigation, return-to-work issues for injured employees, personal injury, and litigation in various settings such as the Americans with Disabilities Act, Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993, and federal and state antidiscrimination statutes; this practice also includes planning with businesses to develop employment policies concerning these areas, employment law and return to work issues
- Wrote several publications related to the areas of workers' compensation
- Membership information: American Bar Association, Tort Law Section; Defense Research Institute; Division of Family Services, Child Protection Team, 1982 to 1983; Greene County Bar Association; Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association, 1997 to 2000, 2004 to 2007; board of directors, 2004; Child Advocacy Council, board of directors; The Missouri Bar Association; Workers’ Compensation Committee, vice chairman, 1997 to 1998, 2002; Vision 20/20 – City of Springfield/Greene County, 1994 and coordinating committee, 2003 to 2004
- J.D. and bachelor degrees, in A.B., political science and economics, University of Missouri-Columbia
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
Rules And Requirements For Employee Expense Reimbursements
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts
How To Deal With Employees Who Are Chronically Late Or Absent
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
Dealing with Difficult People
9 Ways To Spot, Handle, and Reduce Workers′ Comp Fraud
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism