Implications Of Health Care Reform On Payroll Reporting
|Date / Time:
The phased in requirements of health care reform require that you continually monitor the landscape to spend your benefit dollars effectively, while remaining compliant. This is an opportunity for employers to reassess their decisions and consider the future impact of this legislation.
Stay current on your compliance obligations, planning considerations and take a closer look at the impact on your payroll system, benefit plans and accommodations.
About The Presenters
- Status of Health Care Reform Law
- Employer Shared Responsibility – Transitional Guidance for 2015, Applicable Large Employer Determination, Measurement Periods – Do Your Payroll Records Support These Determinations?
- Employer Reporting – Insured and Self-Insured Plans, Transitional Guidance
- Avoiding the ACA Snare for Other Benefits – Maintaining HIPAA Excepted Benefits for W-2 Exclusion
- COBRA Dilemma – Individual Severance Agreements, Expiration of the Health Care Tax Credit, Employee Elections
- Employer Payment Plans – No Longer a Permitted Payroll Practice
Jacob Guinn, J.D.
Brandon A. Lagarde
- Tax manager, Postlethwaite & Netterville, APAC
- Specializes in regulatory compliance and design consultation for a wide range of clients with retirement and health and welfare benefit plans
- Assists clients with health and retirement plan design and compliance, as well as Affordable Care Act consulting
- Member of the Tennessee State Bar
- J.D. degree, with a transactions concentration, University of Tennessee; M.B.A. degree in finance, Middle Tennessee State University; B.B.A. degree in accounting, East Tennessee State University
- Director, Postlethwaite & Netterville, APAC
- Assists clients with understanding and interpreting the health care reform acts for clients
- Contributing writer of the Guide to Health Care Reform in Louisiana, which is a comprehensive overview of the health care reform acts
- Concentrates his practice in the areas of federal, state and local tax law
- Certified public accountant as well as a member of many professional organizations, including the Louisiana Bar Association and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, and sits on the board of directors for the local Habitat for Humanity organization
- Member of the Louisiana State Bar, AICPA, ABA Tax Section, LSBA, LCPA
- LL.M. degree in taxation, University of Florida; J.D. degree, bachelor degree in civil law and B.S. degree in accounting, Louisiana State University
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
The 7 Traits Of A Successful HR Manager
Disability Discrimination And The Interactive Process
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
HR′s Strategic Role In Team Building
21 Tips For Managing Employees Who Work Remotely
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
HR For Beginners
Inclement Weather Pay Policies
Is It FMLA Or The “Friday-Monday Leave Act”? How To Identify And Investigate Employees Who Are Gaming The System
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Curbing Unauthorized Overtime
Retirement Plan Training Courses
Best Practices For Employee Giving Programs
Fundamentals Of An Employee Recognition Program