Curbing FMLA Abuse: How To Manage Manipulative Employees
|Date / Time:
Since the FMLA's enactment in 1993, employers have struggled with the administration of an otherwise fairly simple concept: protected leave from work for family and medical reasons.
Of course, actual FMLA compliance, and administering it within the law while not allowing employees to abuse this protection, is a much more difficult task.
From intermittent leave headaches to questionable medical certifications to employees who seem to know how to maneuver the law better than those who wrote it, HR professionals, managers and supervisors spend an inordinate amount of time dealing with FMLA issues.
This webinar will identify common areas of abuse with regard to FMLA leave, and provide employers with the tools to push back on misuse, to address employee problems even when protected leave is in the picture, and identify and tackle abuse when it is occurring.
Anyone involved in the administration of FMLA - from the details of the forms to the strategy of your organization's policies - will benefit from this course.
Proactively Managing the FMLA Process to Prevent Abuse in the First Place
Addressing the Performance Issues of Employees When FMLA Is Part of the Equation
- Certification and Designation Tactics
- Policies to Minimize Leave Abuse
- Transitioning Employees Who Need Leave Beyond FMLA
Tackling Leave Abuse
- Managing Job Performance
- Terminations, Layoffs and Other Employment Actions
About The Presenters
- Internal Surveillance of Employee Leave Use
- Hiring Outside Help
Alexis C. Knapp
- Shareholder in the Chicago office of Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Member of the firm’s management committee, and oversees firm’s practice groups
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of employment law, focusing especially on the FMLA and ADA
- Works closely with employers to keep game-playing employees from taking advantage of the ADA and FMLA, and other employment laws, and to position employers for victory in the event of litigation
- Written numerous articles, conducted numerous training sessions and webinars, and frequently interviewed on the FMLA and ADA since its inception; testified before the United States Commission on Civil Rights regarding the ADA
- Named The Best Lawyers in America®, 2013 to 2016; named Leading Illinois Attorney in Employment Law
- Shareholder in the Houston office of Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Core member of Littler’s Leave and Disability Accommodation Practice Group
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of employment law, with a significant focus on leave and accommodation issues under the FMLA and ADA
- Regularly develops and delivers customized training programs, workshops and webinars for employers on FMLA and ADA issues, and is a regular speaker to industry and HR groups on those topics
- Works closely with employers to review, revise and improve their leave and accommodation processes and policies, including internal audits, development of tools and forms to support the leave and accommodation process, and assisting clients with extensive policy review and drafting
- Wrote several publications and has been interviewed on leave and accommodation is-sues
- Active member of the Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) and HR Houston, and is Board Certified in Labor and Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization; as a former HR professional, she also holds her SHRM-SCP certification
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism
Managing Emotions Under Pressure
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Document Your Payroll Procedures
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
Company Ethics: How To Set The Tone As A Leader
SOX Requirements For Payroll
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Dealing with Difficult People
Bring Our Training Courses To Your Location