Successful Strategies For Recruiting And Retaining Military Personnel And Veterans
|Date / Time:
Many organizations make the decision to implement veteran hiring initiatives, but lack the skills and knowledge to effectively implement such a program.
This information helps HR staff, hiring managers and first-line supervisors understand all the aspects of a successful veteran hiring initiative.
This webinar also provides best practices utilized by major corporations with long histories of successfully hiring and retaining veterans.
How to Create a Veteran Hiring Program
Reading Military Resumes and Interviewing Veterans
- Brief Background About Veterans
- Internal Support and Resources
- Key Organizations Which Can Help You Grow Your Veteran Hiring Program
Successfully Onboarding Veterans
- Differences Between Civilian and Military Resumes
- What to Look for in the Resumes
- Why Interviewing Veterans Can Be Different From Interviewing Civilians
- Do's and Don'Ts of Interviewing Veterans
Creating a Military-Friendly Work Environment and Retaining Veterans
- Veteran Orientation and Socialization
- Communicate Expectations
- Assign a Mentor
About The Presenter
- Corporate Champion
- Employee Resource Group
- Military Branding
- Veteran Identification
- Collaboration With Other Organizations
- Reservists and National Guardsmen and Guardswomen
- Leads the Wounded Veteran and Caregiver Program, which focuses on employment opportunities for this particular demographic, and which is part of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation's Hiring Our Heroes initiative
- Consulted for a number of companies regarding their veteran hiring programs, including Hilton Worldwide, MassMutual, Michaels, La Quinta Inns & Suites, the Apollo Group, and the Las Vegas Cosmopolitan. I am also a member of the Military Advisory Council for First Data
- A founding principal of Veteran Integration Solutions, a veteran-owned business that provides live training workshops to organizations that want to implement veteran hiring initiatives but lack the expertise to do so
- In 2012 the Virginia Legislature passed a commending resolution highlighting his continued support of veterans and other wounded warriors; was named a Champion of Change by the White House, and also was awarded the prestigious inaugural 2014 Lincoln Award recognizing his outstanding achievement and excellence in providing opportunities and support to our nation’s veterans and military families
- Retired from the Marine Corps with the rank of Lieutenant Colonel and now serves on the board of directors of the Wounded Warrior Project and several other national nonprofit organizations
- His articles about different aspects of hiring and onboarding veterans have been published in Time Magazine, Stars and Stripes, various business journals, and at Military.com
- Practiced as an attorney for fifteen years, recently completed an advanced law degree with distinction from Georgetown University, and was the honor graduate of my class at the Marine Corps Command and Staff College
- Recently published a business leadership book called My Battlefield, Your Office: Leadership Lessons From the Front Lines
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
How To Communicate Assertively To Exude Confidence And Competence
Year End Legislative &Tax Changes In Payroll
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
PTO Plan Or Traditional Vacation And Sick Time? The Pros and Cons Of A Paid-Time-Off Plan
Motivate Or Terminate
Workplace Investigations 101: The Basics For Conducting Workplace Investigations
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Agile Basics For HR
Employee Handbooks: 2017 Issues
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
The Essentials Of HR Law
How To Change The Perception Of The HR Department
FMLA Training &Certification Program
Certified Payroll Manager
Fundamentals Of Form W-2 &Form W-4 Processing