10 Best Employee Expense Reimbursement Best Practices
|Date / Time:
Almost everyone has a smart phone now. Can your employer save money by expecting you to use your own phone for work? What about other expenses being left for the employee like home computers and travel expenses.
When does something that costs no extra money become an expense, and should it be reimbursed? You will learn the answers to these questions and the old-fashioned basics of reimbursement.
The Shape of the Field
Rules of the Road – Reimbursement for Travel Expenses
- Federal vs. State Rules
- Getting It Just Right
- Is the Reimbursement Taxable?
- Reporting on the Wage Statement
Uniforms, Tools and Equipment
- What Travel Must Be Reimbursed (Overnight – During the Day)
- When Employees Use Their Own Cars
- Other Travel Expenses
- Is It Compensable Time?
About The Presenter
- Communications Devices
- Phone Reimbursement
- Internet, Computers and Home Office Supplies
- The "Home" in Home Office
- The Move to B.Y.O.D.
- Shareholder in Littler Mendelson P.C.’s Los Angeles/Century City Office
- Has helped many employers revise their expense reimbursement policies after the decision in Cochran v. Schwan’s Home Service, Inc
- Wrote the Littler Insight publication, We Have to Pay for What? A California Court of Appeal Issues Expansive Expense Reimbursement Ruling and co-wrote Littler’s Class Action Treatise
- Practice emphasizes wage and hour class action defense, California Private Attorneys General Act claims, family medical leave and disability accommodation issues, as well as other aspects of employment law
- An experienced speaker and provides webinars and training for clients and for Littler’s internal attorney training programs
- Named in The Best Lawyers in America©, 2007-2016; member, board of directors, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Counsel For Justice; member, board of directors, Regis House Community Center
- Graduate of UCLA Law School
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
Rules And Requirements For Employee Expense Reimbursements
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts
How To Deal With Employees Who Are Chronically Late Or Absent
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
Dealing with Difficult People
9 Ways To Spot, Handle, and Reduce Workers′ Comp Fraud
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism