Flexible Spending Accounts
|Date / Time:
Many employee benefit plan sponsors are unaware of all the complex rules governing flexible spending accounts.
Receive a thorough overview of the numerous plan design considerations and legal requirements of flexible spending accounts. This knowledge will enable you to avoid running afoul of rules that could jeopardize the tax-favored status of your plans.
Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tax Advantages
- Status Change Regulations
About The Presenter
- Eligible/Ineligible Expenses
- Incurred Date Rule
- Uniform Reimbursement Rule
- Use-It-Or-Lose-It Rule
- Grace Period
- Nondiscrimination Tests
John C. Garner, CEBS, CLU, CFCI, CMC
- Chief compliance officer for Bolton & Company, one of the 100 largest insurance brokers in the country
- Specializes in group life, health and disability benefits
- Wrote the Health Insurance Answer Book, co-wrote the Medical/Disability Claims Handbook and wrote dozens of articles, including an award-winning article in the Journal of Financial Service Professionals on using HRAs and HSAs to control health care costs
- National Legislative and Government Affairs advisor for the Disability Management Employer Coalition
- On the Board of Directors of the Western Claim Conference and the Los Angeles Chapter of the International Society of Certified Employee Benefit Specialists (ISCEBS) and previously served as president of both of these organizations and is also a past president of the Employee Benefit Planning Association of Southern California and the Los Angeles Life and Accident Claim Association
- Past member of the Governing Council of the ISCEBS and a past chair of the CEBS committee of the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans, the committee with academic oversight of the CEBS program
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Reasonable Accommodation - Impairment
Garnishments, Child Support Orders and Other Levies
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Write Clear, Concise, And Compliant Job Descriptions
How To Drive HR Strategy
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
Background Checks And Safe Hiring: Trends, Legal Developments, And Best Practices
Personnel Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Creative - And Free - Ways To Use LinkedIn As A Recruiting Tool
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
HR′s Guide To Medical Marijuana In The Workplace
How To Properly Complete A Form I-9
Basics Of OSHA Recordkeeping
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
IRS Rules For Work Visas