Develop A Strong Parental Leave Policy
|Date / Time:
With the strengthening economy and the rise of new laws protecting parental leave, many employers have found that their current parental leave policies are out dated, out of step with their competitors, or potentially non-compliant with applicable law.
This webinar will address the changes taking place in parental leave policies and how to develop a policy which is legally compliant, and which is best suited to help employers recruit and retain employees.
Developing, Reviewing and Updating Your Parental Leave Policy
Understanding Current Trends in Paid Parental Leave Benefits
- Ensure That You Are Complying With Leave Laws Applicable to Both Disability and Family Leave
- Understand Benefit Continuation Requirements and COBRA Eligibility
- Avoid Potential Discrimination, Including Between Birth Parents and Non-Birth Parents
Integrating Paid Benefits With Other Benefits
- How Much Paid Leave to Offer?
- Distinguishing Between Primary and Secondary Caretakers
- Choosing Between Universal Policies or a Menu of Policies
About The Presenters
- Understanding Benefits Provided by Local or State Governments
- Considering Sick Leave or Vacation Leave
- Coordinating With Private Disability Insurance
Holly L. Sutton
- Associate in the San Francisco law firm of Farella Braun + Martel LLP
- Regularly defends employers for various employment issues, including wage and hour class actions, discrimination, disability, and other actions
- Has presented on issues relating to employment, class actions, and diversity
- J.D. degree, UC Hastings; B.A. degree, Wellesley College
- Partner in the San Francisco law firm of Farella Braun + Martel LLP
- Practice emphasizes in employment law counseling and advice
- Regularly conducts seminars and workshops on employment law, including wage and hour requirements, leave laws, investigations, developing policies, reductions in force, and high risk terminations
- J.D. degree, Stanford University; B.A. degree, University of CA Berkeley
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Serious Complaint or Employee Drama?
Guidelines For Taxing Gifts, Awards, &Other Fringe Benefits
How To Supervise Employees Who Don′t Get Along
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
Motivate Or Terminate
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Advanced Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
IRS Rules For Inpat &Expat Payroll
Paycheck Fundamentals Training &Certification Program
What To Do When Applicants Or Employees Have A Criminal History
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Certificate In Essentials Of Human Resource Management Seminar
How To Coach Up Or Counsel Out Problem Employees
Certificate In Employee Relations Law Seminar