Active Attacker In The Workplace: Response And Safety Plans
|Date / Time:
The review of active shooter incidents at malls, manufacturing facilities, healthcare, offices, houses of worship, colleges, schools and public settings have suggested preventive activities to increase employee and stakeholder survival. Selected Active Shooter Cases Will Be Analyzed and Indicators to Identify the Potential Active Shooter, Will Be SuggestedBenchmarking Best Practices and Department of Homeland Security/OSHA GuidelinesSituational Awareness – Assessing Risks and Dangers in Your Work Environment
This webinar is designed to encourage you to understand vulnerabilities to violent threats, litigation exposures and strategies to review and enhance your existing health and safety program's capabilities and preparedness. Defensive and personal survival options and strategies will be suggested.
Review Violent Incidents in Office, Plant, School, Healthcare and Public Settings
Developing an Employee Survival MentalitySelf-Protective Techniques Against Intruders/Active ShootersDiffusing/De-Escalation TechniquesShots Fired!
- Color Codes of Awareness
- Who Are the "Bad Guys"?
- Behavioral Indicators of Risk
- Recognizing Pre-Attack Indicators of
- Body Language
- Danger Cues Early Warning Signs
- Perpetrator "Approach" Strategies
- Potential Perpetrators
Components of a Comprehensive Workplace Violence Prevention SystemAbout The Presenter
- Defending Yourself and Your Space – Reacting to Intruders
- Self-Defense Reactions to Counter Aggressive Individuals
- Run, Hide, Fight Considerations
- Managing the Aftermath
Marilyn Knight, M.S.W.
- President/CEO of the Incident Management Team, Inc. (IMT), an international crisis management, security and violence prevention consulting company; as a lecturer and trainer in the areas of workplace violence prevention, crisis response and organizational change, has presented at over 400 conferences and seminars in North America, South America, Europe, Hong Kong, China, and Asia
- Has consulted with Fortune 500 companies in the areas of violence prevention, threat assessment, and organizational change and crisis management; assisted Intel Corporation in the design of their workplace violence prevention system and training of their workplace response teams in North America, the Philippines, Malaysia and Southeast Asia; assisted Eaton Corporation in training their corporate threat assessment teams, worldwide
- Has been a crisis response consultant to UAW-Chrysler since 1998, consulted with the Michigan Educational Association (MEA) and has been co-director of the Police Officers Association of Michigan Lifeline (POAM), serving 80 police departments, since 1985; has conducted training on Active Shooter Survival and Deploying Joint Crisis Teams after Workplace Emergencies for senior UAW-GM leadership and health and safety representatives in Orlando, FL. and at regional joint training conferences
- Assisted in writing the National Critical Incident Response Programs for UAW-General Motors, UAW-Chrysler, KeyBank, American Natural Resources (ANR) and Pinkerton, and in training their crisis response team members at their North American facilities; has also consulted with Ford Motor Corporation, Eaton, NBC, Wendy’s, Siemens Corporation, Lockheed-Martin, Comcast Cable, Delphi, TRW, BASF, Rockwell Automotive, New York Consolidated Edison, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, McDonalds and First Chicago-National Bank of Detroit
- Director of a State of Michigan Department of Labor, MIOSHA Safety, Education and Training (SET) funded Grant, the purpose of which is to help corporations, employers and governmental entities develop violence prevention policies and infrastructures, threat assessment aeams and post-incident crisis response contingency plans through which she has trained participants from over 1500 companies in Michigan
- Was the producer and writer of a 2004 MIOSHA funded training DVD entitled, Workplace Violence Prevention- Implementing Your Program, which won two 26th National Annual Telly Finalist Awards in the Corporate Training and Health and Safety Categories, respectively; in 2006, she was funded by MIOSHA to produce an instructional DVD entitled: Reducing the Impact of and Managing Workplace Emergencies and Disasters, which won two 28th National Annual Telly Awards in the Corporate Training and Under $700 per minute categories
- M.S.W. degree, Wayne State University, B.A. degree, University of Michigan
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
How To Write Clear, Concise, And Compliant Job Descriptions
Garnishments, Child Support Orders and Other Levies
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Drive HR Strategy
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
Dealing with Difficult People
HR′s Guide To Medical Marijuana In The Workplace
Personnel Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Creative - And Free - Ways To Use LinkedIn As A Recruiting Tool
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Basics Of OSHA Recordkeeping
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
IRS Rules For Work Visas
How to Supervise People Seminar
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
The Essentials Of HR Law