Separation Agreements - Protect Your Company After An Employee Leaves
|Date / Time:
Separation agreements are an extremely valuable tool available to employers to eliminate the potential for post-termination lawsuits from disgruntled ex-employees who are unhappy that their employment was terminated.
However, in order to gain the many benefits of such agreements, it is imperative that employers do them correctly and meet all necessary legal requirements that apply to gain actual enforcement of such agreements.
Learn how to effectively craft separation agreements and learn about the important legal requirements that must be followed to make such agreements enforceable.
Furthermore, you will gain valuable insights into best practices and strategies for appropriate enforcement and effective negotiation of separation agreements.
What Are Separation Agreements?
The Contents of Enforceable Separation Agreements
- How Do You Create Them?
- Why Do You Create Them?
- When Should You Seek Them?
Essential Clauses in Separation Agreements
- Crafting Effective Agreements
- What Claims Can Be Released in a Separation Agreement?
- Special Rules for Obtaining Enforceable Releases of Claims
- Post-Employment Noncomplete Requirements
- Nondisclosure Provisions
- Nondisparagement Clauses
- Nonhire and Other Essential Clauses
About The Presenter
- How Should You Enforce Separation Agreements?
- Injunction vs. Damage Suits?
- The Use of Liquidated Damages Clause and Other Remedy Considerations
Ralph R. Smith, 3rd, Esq.
- Shareholder and vice chairman of the Labor and Employment Department of the law firm of Capehart & Scatchard, P.A.
- Concentrates practice in the areas of labor and employment law, and complex commercial litigation
- Represents companies in all kinds of labor and employment-related litigation in the federal and state courts of New Jersey and Pennsylvania
- Regularly counsels clients on issues of compliance with both federal and state employment laws, including those that impact the area of employee background checks and dealing with arrested employees
- Lectures widely and writes frequently in the field of labor and employment law
- Has lectured at many Lorman Education Services seminars
- Served as an adjunct professor at The Widener University Graduate School of Business, teaching labor and employment law
- Member of the New Jersey Federal Bar Association; the New Jersey State Bar Association; the Historical Society of the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey; and the Camden County Bar Association, Labor and Employment Committee
- Former barrister instructor for the Camden County Inns of Court; former board member and legislative chair of the Society of Human Resource Management, Philadelphia Chapter; and a qualified mediator for the New Jersey Superior Court
- J.D. degree, cum laude, Temple University School of Law; B.A. degree, magna cum laude, Temple University
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism
Managing Emotions Under Pressure
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Document Your Payroll Procedures
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
Company Ethics: How To Set The Tone As A Leader
SOX Requirements For Payroll
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Dealing with Difficult People
Bring Our Training Courses To Your Location