Creating A Payroll Manual: Putting Your Procedures Into Writing
|Date / Time:
In today's litigious environment, it is a good time to audit and update your company's payroll procedures and manual.
This webinar is intended to provide you with information on how to put together a payroll procedures manual. We will cover what goes into a payroll procedures manual, how to conduct an internal payroll audit, how to document payroll procedures, drafting payroll policies, and how to address employee complaints about their paycheck and dealing with DOL investigations.
Items to Consider Including in a Payroll Procedures Manual
Handling Complaints by Employees
- Affordable Care Act Penalty Calculations
- Tips and Strategies for ACA Reporting and Forms
- I-9 and E-Verify Procedures
- W-4s and W-9s
- Payroll Practices
- Code of Conduct
- Integrity and Compliance
- Record Retention
- Compliance With Wage and Hour Rules
- Travel Time
- Review of Timecards or Time Records
- New Hire Reporting
- W-9 Form for Individual Employees
- EEO-1 and Vets 100 Reports
- Affirmative Action Requirements, If Applicable
- Safety and Security Procedures
Responding to Government Inquiries
- Paycheck Audits
- Other Types of Complaints
About The Presenter
- Handling SSN No Match Letters
- Handling Third-Party Inquiries About Identity Issues
Julie A. Pace
- Partner in The Cavanagh Law Firm, P.A.
- Practice is concentrated in the fields of employment, health care, construction, I-9s, E-Verify, Human Resources, EEOC, DOL, Davis-Bacon, NLRB, OSHA training, and investigations
- Recognition in Chambers USA and Super Lawyers
- Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America
- Frequent speaker and author on a variety of employment, OSHA, and I-9 compliance topics
- Co-editor of three books on human resources, employment law, and I-9 and E-Verify, published by the American Chamber of Commerce Resources, LLC
- Recipient of Arizona Business magazine’s 2008 Centers of Influence Award, which recognizes the 10 leading attorneys, accountants and bankers in Arizona
- Named one of Arizona’s finest lawyers, 2014
- J.D. degree, cum laude, Arizona State University; B.S. degree in business administration, magna cum laude, Arizona State University
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Payroll Issues For Deceased Employees
Company Ethics: How To Set The Tone As A Leader
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism
How To Document Your Payroll Procedures
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
SOX Requirements For Payroll
Dealing with Difficult People
Bring Our Training Courses To Your Location