Strategies For Defending Against Unemployment Claims
|Date / Time:
After a termination, many employers focus on defending against a possible discrimination charge or a lawsuit. Unfortunately, they may pay scant attention to defending against the unemployment compensation claim.
Those employers, albeit mistakenly, believe unemployment compensation benefits will be awarded no matter what they do - so why bother? Not so.
This webinar will assist you in defending against unemployment compensation claims. You will learn the importance of effectively completing the unemployment compensation questionnaire, drafting thorough documentation, effectively presenting your side of the story, the selection of effective witnesses and the art of cross-examining the ex-employee and his or her witnesses.
This information is critical for you to reduce your unemployment compensation claim costs by succeeding in the unemployment compensation arena.
Review of Typical State Standards for Unemployment Compensation Claims
Various Courts' Interpretation of Those Statutory StandardsHow to Effectively Investigate and Document Poor Performance and Misconduct Issues Which May Lead to DischargeDocumenting the DischargeAccurately and Persuasively Completing the Unemployment Compensation QuestionnairePreparation for the Unemployment Compensation Hearing
- Quit Work Without Just Cause
- Discharged for Just Cause
About The Presenter
- Establish Chronological Order of Events
- Determine Which Documents to Present
- First-Hand Knowledge Witnesses
- Develop Cross-Examination Questions for the Claimant and His/Her Witnesses
- Member at Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Practice area includes unemployment compensation, discrimination claims, wrongful termination claims, wage and hour class and collective actions, WARN and other employment related advice and counseling
- Succesfully represented employers in all phases of unemployment compensation claims, including initial advice and counsel, claims before state administrative agencies, review commissions, appeals before Courts of Common Pleas and appeals before Courts of Appeals
- Recognized by Super Lawyers Magazine as a Rising Star, 2014, 2015, and 2016
- Member of the Ohio Bar Association, Cincinnati Bar Association, the American Bar Association, and the Asian Bar Association of Cincinnati
- J.D. degree, Boston College Law School; B.A. degree in psychology, Emory University
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Reasonable Accommodation - Impairment
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
How To Write Clear, Concise, And Compliant Job Descriptions
Garnishments, Child Support Orders and Other Levies
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Drive HR Strategy
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
Dealing with Difficult People
HR′s Guide To Medical Marijuana In The Workplace
Personnel Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Creative - And Free - Ways To Use LinkedIn As A Recruiting Tool
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
IRS Rules For Work Visas
How to Supervise People Seminar
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
The Essentials Of HR Law