Legal And Practical Solutions For Accommodating Employees With Serious Illnesses
|Date / Time:
Employees with serious illnesses can be challenging to manage. Employers struggle with complying with a myriad of legal protections while ensuring operations continue to run smoothly. Yikes, Where to Begin – Federal Laws
You will benefit from an overview of the laws and will gain tips for dealing with tricky leave and accommodation requests.
Overview of Applicable Laws
- Family and Medical Leave Act Obligations
- Tips for Managing Intermittent FMLA Leaves
- What Is a Reasonable Accommodation Under the Americans With Disabilities Act
- How to Win in the Interactive Process
- Is Your Employee Pregnant – Just What Does Young v. UPS Require?
How Does All of This Fit in With Workers' Compensation and Short-Term Disability Benefits?
- How to Reconcile State Laws With Federal Protections
- State Discrimination Laws May Also Require an Interactive Process
- Family Leave Laws Across the States
- A Plethora of Sick Leave Laws Across the Country Create Further Confusion for Employers
About The Presenter
- Using Light Duty Programs to Return Employees to Work – Pitfalls and Pluses
- Using the Process to Obtain More Detailed Medical Information
- Do Your Current PTO and Disability Programs Discourage Employees From Returning to Work?
Christina A. Stoneburner, Esq.
- Partner in the Roseland office of Fox Rothschild LLP
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of labor and employment law
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on numerous employment topics including employee privacy and background checks; policy developments; litigation; and unfair competition and trade secrets
- Wrote several publications related to the areas of federal discrimination claims and leave laws, including most recently, Sick Leave Laws are Sweeping the Nation – Giving Ulcers to Employers Everywhere, published in the December 4, 2015 issue of the Bloomberg BNA Tax Management and Compensation Planning Journal © 2015 The Bureau of National Affairs, Inc.
- Has been published by Lexology, LexBlog Network’s Top 10 in Law Blogs, Law360, Inside Counsel, New Jersey Law Journal, and NJ.com
- Has been quoted in Corporate Secretary, SHRM, Main Street, Law360, TheStreet, Corporate Counsel, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Bloomberg BNA, and NJ Biz
- Selected as a New Jersey Rising Star by New Jersey Monthly magazine and Law & Politics magazine, 2009 and 2010
- Admitted to practice in the State of New Jersey, State of Pennsylvania, District of New Jersey and the Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- J.D. degree, Tulane University Law School; B.B.A. degree, Ohio University Honors Tutorial College
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
A Post-Election Survival Guide For Employers
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Rules And Requirements For Employee Expense Reimbursements
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
How To Deal With Employees Who Are Chronically Late Or Absent
Dealing with Difficult People
9 Ways To Spot, Handle, and Reduce Workers′ Comp Fraud