Responding To EEOC Charges
|Date / Time:
The most effective way to avoid an EEOC charge is to make sure you have anti-discrimination and no retaliation policies, that employees are trained, and that all employees understand those policies.
Prevention and awareness are areas employers should focus on when dealing with employee discrimination issues.
If the worst case scenario happens, this webinar will tell you how to protect your company when an EEOC charge arises, tips and strategies to respond to the charge, how to prepare your position statement, and how to respond to requests for information and understand the mediation process.
- New EEOC Digital Charge System Pilot Program
- New EEOC Guidance on Retaliation
- New EEOC Guidelines on an Effective Position Statement
- Increased Use by EEOC of Information Requests, Interviews, and Subpoena
- Address Litigation Hold Requirements
- Conducting and Documenting Internal Investigation
- Pros and Cons of EEOC Mediation
Strategies to Address a Cause Finding
- Information to Include in Position Statement
- Discovery Issues
- Use of Declarations
- Types of Exhibits to Include
- Handling EEOC Requests for Information and Interviews
- Anti-Harassment, Anti-Discrimination and No Retaliation Policy and Training
About The Presenter
- Conciliation Process
- Issuance of Right to Sue Letter
- Section 83 Requests
- Class Action Considerations
Julie A. Pace
- Partner in The Cavanagh Law Firm, P.A.
- Practice is concentrated in the fields of employment, health care, construction, I-9s, E-Verify, Human Resources, EEOC, DOL, Davis-Bacon, NLRB, OSHA training, and investigations
- Recognition in Chambers USA and Super Lawyers
- Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America
- Frequent speaker and author on a variety of employment, OSHA, and I-9 compliance topics
- Co-editor of three books on human resources, employment law, and I-9 and E-Verify, published by the American Chamber of Commerce Resources, LLC
- Recipient of Arizona Business magazine’s 2008 Centers of Influence Award, which recognizes the 10 leading attorneys, accountants and bankers in Arizona
- Named one of Arizona’s finest lawyers, 2014
- J.D. degree, cum laude, Arizona State University; B.S. degree in business administration, magna cum laude, Arizona State University
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
How To Communicate Assertively To Exude Confidence And Competence
Year End Legislative &Tax Changes In Payroll
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
PTO Plan Or Traditional Vacation And Sick Time? The Pros and Cons Of A Paid-Time-Off Plan
Motivate Or Terminate
Workplace Investigations 101: The Basics For Conducting Workplace Investigations
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Agile Basics For HR
Employee Handbooks: 2017 Issues
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
The Essentials Of HR Law
How To Change The Perception Of The HR Department
FMLA Training &Certification Program
Certified Payroll Manager
Fundamentals Of Form W-2 &Form W-4 Processing