Nursing Mothers In The Workplace: Requirements And Regulations
|Date / Time:
Women now make up a majority of the workforce and a majority of those women are of child-bearing age.
Claims alleging discrimination by nursing mothers are becoming more prevalent and the EEOC is pushing to expand the reach of federal anti-discrimination laws. Many states also have laws addressing the needs of nursing mothers.
This webinar is designed to improve the understanding of these laws by HR professionals, business owners and attorneys. To this end, the laws and regulations governing this area of the law will be discussed, along with recent applicable case law. Attendees will learn best practices for dealing with issues that may arise with nursing mothers.
What Are the Sources of Protections for Nursing Mothers in the Workplace?
What Do the Statutes and Regulations Provide?
- Federal, State and Local Statutes and Ordinances
- Federal and State Regulations
- Federal and State Case Law
What Does the Case Law Provide?
- Federal Statutes
- State Statutes
What Are Best Practices for Accommodating Nursing Mothers in the Workplace?
- Federal Case Law
- EEOC Guidance
- State Case Law
About The Presenter
- Best Practices for Providing Accommodations, Both Required and Dictated by Common Sense
- Best Practices for Avoiding Discrimination
JoAnn M. Hart
- Attorney with Boardman & Clark LLP
- Counsels and represents private and public sector employers on a wide variety of employment law issues under local, state and federal laws, including Family and Medical Leave laws, disability laws, wage and hour laws, and laws prohibiting discrimination in employment, and regularly presents to a variety of audiences on these legal issues
- Has appeared before local, state and federal agencies that enforce these laws, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Department of Labor, state commissions, administrative law judges and arbitrators
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America in Labor and Employment Law and Education Law from 2007 through the present
- J.D. degree, cum laude, University of Wisconsin Law School; Bachelor of Music degree in vocal music education and vocal performance, with honors, Alverno College
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Payroll Issues For Deceased Employees
Company Ethics: How To Set The Tone As A Leader
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism
How To Document Your Payroll Procedures
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
SOX Requirements For Payroll
Dealing with Difficult People
Bring Our Training Courses To Your Location