Business Standards Ethics For The HR Professional
|Date / Time:
Paying attention to business ethics is critical to organizational health. Legal considerations, company reputation and employee loyalty are factors associated with business ethics. Further, there are higher order issues about how organizations treat and develop their human resources.
Ethics often gain the attention of organizational leaders after an ethical misstep has occurred. Responding to ethical issues after the fact can damage reputation, organizational trust, employee careers, and the company may never recover.
This webinar addresses ethical challenges in human resources management. Ethics will be defined and specific HR ethical areas will be introduced and discussed. An ethics program model will be highlighted along with the expected outcomes from implementing a comprehensive program. Short case scenarios will engage participants and illustrate the ethical dilemmas common to human resource management.
Ethical Challenges in HR - Why Ethics Should Be on Your HR Priority List
- My Ethics Journey With a Municipal Government
- Polling Questions to Understand the Participants
- Why Ethics Matter
Conceptual Framework for an Ethical Organization
- Definition of Ethics
- HR Ethical Arenas – Hiring, Compensation and Benefits, Performance Management, EEO and Discrimination, Privacy and Confidentiality, Safety and Risk Management, Restructuring and Layoffs, Policies and Implementation
- Why Employees Behave Unethically
Case Scenarios and Best Practices
- Comprehensive Ethics Program Components – Code of Ethics, Ethics Resources, Ethics Training, Ethics Reporting
- Strong Ethical Environments – Ethical Culture
- Expected Outcomes in Terms of Ethical Misconduct
About The Presenter
- 1-3 Short Vignettes With Polling Questions About Ethical Situations
- Best Practices in Organizations With Ethics as a Priority
Betsy Webb, Ed.D, SPHR
- Professional development & training manager, Human Resources at Montana State University
- Practice emphasis on learning and organizational development; provides ethics training in higher education and municipal government; has taught "Ethics in Public Service" class as adjunct faculty for the Masters in Public Administration program at MSU in 2013 and 2015
- Doctoral Dissertation 2014, “What is good and what is right? An investigation of the outcomes of a comprehensive ethics program in municipal government”
- Conducts training seminars in management, conflict resolution, leading change, and performance coaching at MSU; has presented at two CUPA-HR national conferences
- Provides training as an independent consultant for Action Learning Associates and the United States Institute of Peace
- Wrote Taking the High Road, an article published in CUPA-HR’s Workforce Magazine, January 2014; interviewed for NACUBO HR Horizons, summer 2014 Spotlight, Do What I Say and Do
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)
- Ed.D. degree, Montana State University; M.S.W. degree, University of Denver; B.S. degree, Dickinson College
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
The 7 Traits Of A Successful HR Manager
Disability Discrimination And The Interactive Process
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
HR′s Strategic Role In Team Building
21 Tips For Managing Employees Who Work Remotely
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
HR For Beginners
Inclement Weather Pay Policies
Is It FMLA Or The “Friday-Monday Leave Act”? How To Identify And Investigate Employees Who Are Gaming The System
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Curbing Unauthorized Overtime
Retirement Plan Training Courses
Best Practices For Employee Giving Programs
Fundamentals Of An Employee Recognition Program