How To Create Effective And Efficient Internal Control: The Ultimate "How To" Course
|Date / Time:
This webinar is geared exclusively to two main areas of emphasis. The COSO framework is first presented as the go-to technical reference framework for internal control that is internationally accepted and is much broader than most professionals realize. The COSO framework sets a high bar for the fully functioning internal control system. Then the practical "how to implement" emphasis presents the best control procedures, what is absolutely required, the policies and procedures you must have, the concepts that make internal controls clear, and the good ideas that may work for you.
A large menu of internal control policies and procedures are clearly described and made available for your adoption. You will gain a working knowledge of key elements and specific procedures of internal control that will benefit any organization, their external advisors, their management and financial staff, the board of directors and all stakeholders of the organization.
Internal Control – Introductory Comments
Internal Control – What You Must Have/What You Must Know
- The Most Important Assets of an Organization
- Internal Control Allows Boards Additional Oversight Controls
- CPAs and CFOs – Be the Master
COSO and the Internal Control Framework
- Landscape in the Compliance Environment
- SOX, Federal Funds, Auditing Standards, COSO
- Controls Over Cash and Controller
- Policies and Procedures Federal Venue
- Effectiveness in Controls Depends on the Tone at the Top
Internal Control – the Procedures and Concepts That Work
- COSO Cube
- 5 Components, 3 Objectives, Corporate Structure
- Present and Functioning
- All Working Together
- 17 Principles
- The Link Between Objectives and Risks
About The Presenter
- Segregation of Duties and Approvals
- 50 Procedures for Increased Controls
Marty Mathisen, CPA CGFM
- Shareholder with Atkinson & Co Ltd CPAs and consultants, Albuquerque New Mexico
- Respected practioner in the area of auditing and internal controls with over 38 years of experience
- Partner on over 250 commercial, nonprofit and governmental audits over the last 20 years each with specific requirements for the documentation and evaluation of internal controls
- Partner on anywhere from 2 to 7 single audits engagements each year for the same 20 year period requiring the evaluation, testing and reporting of internal controls over federal programs
- Has been on various nonprofit and educational boards in New Mexico
- Has performed special audit engagements for the New Mexico State Auditor and is an instructor for the Office of the State Auditor training programs
- Seven year presenter for the Associated Governmental Accountants programs in New Mexico
- Performed over 85 peer reviews of other CPA firms' systems of quality controls nationwide
- Has presented internal control programs for Lorman Educational Services in past years
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
9 Ways To Spot, Handle, and Reduce Workers′ Comp Fraud
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
Visa (Non-Immigration) For Payroll Professionals
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Service Animals In The Workplace: What You Need To Know
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Communicate With Tact And Professionalism
Dealing with Difficult People
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts
How to Supervise People Seminar