How To Develop An Effective Mentoring Program
|Date / Time:
Creating a structured mentoring program is a powerful way to support the personal growth and career development of employees.
Mentoring also enhances the stability and productivity of an organization through employee retention, succession planning, transfer of knowledge, and leadership development.
The problem is that many businesses believe that mentoring consists of just putting two people together - but this is not accurate. Without proper planning, mentoring programs are bound to fail.
This webinar demystifies workplace mentoring by focusing on specific tasks described in mentoring's Effective Practices. Addressed in chronological order, the tasks are: recruiting, screening, training, matching, monitoring and support, and providing closure. In addition to discussing these basic mentoring program tasks, the facilitators will discuss the training materials and documentation needed for successful mentoring efforts.
After this class, you will have a much better understanding of the steps needed to design and implement an effective workplace mentoring program.
Overview of Workplace Mentoring
What It Takes to Be an Effective Mentor
- History of Organized Mentoring Efforts
- Benefits of Workplace Mentoring
Developing an Effective Mentoring Program
- Mentors in Your Life
- Mentoring Dos and Don'ts
- Traits of Successful Mentors
- Research-Based Mentoring Strategies
- Mentoring Tools
About The Presenters
- Planning Mission, Vision and Program Structure
- Staffing Needs
- Recruiting Mentors and Mentees
- Training Program Participants
- Developing a Matching Plan
- Supporting and Monitoring Matches
- Mentor and Mentee Recognition
- Match Closure
- Match and Program Evaluation
Jerry Sherk, M.A.
Judy Strother Taylor
- Owner and president of Mentor Management Systems (MMS)
- Assisted career-based workplace, ex-offender, and youth mentoring programs for more than twenty years
- Provided consultation and trainings to hundreds of mentoring organizations across the U.S.
- Along with Judy Strother Taylor, also of MMS, previously worked with the U.S. Air Force to bring mentoring to three bases
- Wrote many publications in the field, including Best Practices for Mentoring Programs, and Designing and Implementing a Group Mentoring Program
- Masters in psychology with an emphasis in counseling
- Senior vice president of Mentor Management Systems
- With more than 40 years experience, her career has ranged from providing direct services to being a clinical analyst with the White House, Special Action Office for Drug Abuse Prevention
- Co-directed a career-based mentoring program for federal employees for 15 years
- Directed mentoring technical assistance initiatives for other federal agencies including the Agency for International Development, Departments of Labor and Education, the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, and the Bureau of Prisons
- Special area of expertise is training and curriculum development
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Workplace Investigations 101: The Basics For Conducting Workplace Investigations
Employee Handbooks: 2017 Issues
How To Change The Perception Of The HR Department
How To Communicate Assertively To Exude Confidence And Competence
Year End Legislative &Tax Changes In Payroll
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
PTO Plan Or Traditional Vacation And Sick Time? The Pros and Cons Of A Paid-Time-Off Plan
Motivate Or Terminate
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Agile Basics For HR
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
The Essentials Of HR Law
FMLA Training &Certification Program
Certified Payroll Manager
Fundamentals Of Form W-2 &Form W-4 Processing