Procedures For Correctly Handling Termination Pay
|Date / Time:
Many considerations play into final pay decisions. We will discuss issues employers should consider before terminating the employment relationship.
We will focus on final pay including timing issues and key language in agreements that must be reviewed before terminating an employee. We will also discuss the art of drafting severance agreements, considerations concerning benefits continuation, and unemployment in formulating a termination package.
This webinar will also outline best practices and different approaches to conducting the termination meeting.
The Myth of At-Will Employment
Unlawful Reasons for Termination
- The At-Will Employment Doctrine
- Exceptions to At-Will Employment
Lawful Reasons for Termination
- Protected Classes
- Protected Activities
- Timing of the Termination
- Hidden Termination Issues
Delivering the NewsAbout The Presenter
- Examples of Legitimate Business Reasons for Ending Employment
- Questions to Consider Before Termination
- Senior counsel in the Cerritos office of Atkinson, Andelson, Loya, Ruud & Romo
- Advises employers in labor law and various employment litigation matters, including wrongful termination, discrimination, wage & hour, harassment, WARN Act, sick leave, and the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act/Healthcare Reform
- Represents employers before the National Labor Relations Board, Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH), Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE), and in arbitration; also advises employers on personnel policies and employee handbooks
- Active member of the California Association of Health Facilities (CAHF), Executives’ Association of Orange County (EAOC), and Painting and Decorating Contractors of America (PDCA). Since 2010, Jonathan has also served on the CAHF legal subcommittee
- Contributing Editor to The Developing Labor Law (Hardin & Higgins, Sixth Ed. 2012), and also contributes to the various firm publications and blog
- J.D. degree, University of Southern California; B.S. degree in anthropology, University of Utah
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Rules And Requirements For Employee Expense Reimbursements
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
A Post-Election Survival Guide For Employers
How To Deal With Employees Who Are Chronically Late Or Absent
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts
Dealing with Difficult People
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
How to Supervise People Seminar