DOL’s Final Overtime Exemption Rules: How To Audit White-Collar Classifications Amid Major Changes
|Date / Time:
ALERT: The DOL’s final overtime exemption rule is final.
The rule will have major implications for your compliance obligations, affecting an estimated 4.2 million employees nationwide. Secure your seat now to THE hottest wage and hour ticket in town (that you can attend from the comfort of your home or office!)
BLR’s rebroadcast of our highly rated virtual workshop, DOL’s Final Overtime Exemption Rules: How to Audit White-Collar Classifications Amid Major Changes, is a half-day event designed to:
- Update you on how the final rules differ from what the DOL initially proposed, so you’ll know precisely where to focus your overtime exemption auditing efforts
- Teach you how to analyze existing white-collar exemptions to determine what options are available and whether those jobs must be reclassified as non-exempt, and entitled to overtime compensation, as a result of the DOL’s final overtime exemption rules.
BONUS: Attendees will receive an excerpt from our new report Overtime Primer: Highlights from the New Regulations, including information on the salary level test, the salary basis test, and a flow chart for exemption status under FLSA.
- Tips on how to analyze whether your exempt positions will pass or fall the DOL Wage and Hour Division’s “misclassification test” under the new federal rules
- The key ways in which the new DOL overtime white-collar exemption requirements differ from the rules HR professionals have grown used to
- The types of jobs that are a high risk for misclassification under the new regulations
- Key questions to ask when examining positions you’ve classified as white-collar and outside sales exempt
- Red-flag exemption classification situations that demand immediate correction
- Practical strategies for getting information you need to proceed with your audit
- Evaluating the available options, including a look at the pros and cons of each
- How to classify ambiguous “gray area” jobs for overtime eligibility
- Correcting misclassification errors with minimal collateral damage
About Your Presenter
Kara E. Shea, Esq.
Practice Group Leader, Labor and Employment Group
Kara Shea provides practical advice on employment issues and compliance to national, regional, and local employers of all sizes, ranging from Fortune 500 companies to small businesses, in a variety of industries. She also represents employers before administrative agencies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and in litigation, including discrimination, retaliatory discharge, whistleblower, and wage and hour cases, including class actions. Ms. Shea has briefed cases presented to both the Tennessee Supreme Court and the United States Supreme Court. Ms. Shea regularly speaks on employment-related topics and provides supervisory training on topics including FMLA and FLSA compliance, conducting workplace investigations, and implementing employee discipline. She has been a regular columnist for the Nashville City Paper and is the editor of Tennessee Employment Law Letter. Ms. Shea also practices in the area of intellectual property, including trade secrets, trademarks, and copyright matters.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in On-Demand version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||PHR / SPHR Re-Certification Credits|
All US States: 3.25
|About The Provider:
||BLR® is the leader in helping organizations, and their employees, reduce safety, environmental and employment compliance-related legal exposure, stay on the right side of law, and achieve their full potential. We offer best-in-class compliance product and services that includes news, information & analysis, best practice guidance, employee training and turn-key tools delivered in a wide range of formats from online applications, live events and websites to books, CD's, Video, Posters and newsletters geared to all sized organizations and industries.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Keywords For This Course:|
DOL, Final overtime exemption rules, white-collar classifications, wage and hour
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
9 Ways To Spot, Handle, and Reduce Workers′ Comp Fraud
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
Visa (Non-Immigration) For Payroll Professionals
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Service Animals In The Workplace: What You Need To Know
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Communicate With Tact And Professionalism
Dealing with Difficult People
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts
How to Supervise People Seminar