IRS Form 941 Reporting Update
|Date / Time:
The IRS collects hundreds of billions of dollars of employment taxes each year - more than any other source of revenue. Form 941 and related forms lie at the heart of the IRS's employment tax collection system.
Much of the administrative burden under that system falls on employers. An employer's failure to understand and comply with its obligations can result in IRS assessments, audits and penalties.
This webinar will help tax and payroll specialists and others with an interest in this issue to understand the employer's obligations under the employment tax collection system, including how to handle corrections and disputes when they arise.
Overview of Employment Tax Rules
- Withholding Requirements
- Wage Withholding
- Backup Withholding
- Withholding on Payments to Nonresident Aliens
- Deposit Requirements
- Due Dates and De Minimis Rules
- Electronic Federal Tax Payment System
- Employment Tax Return Requirement
- Forms for Different Types of Employment Taxes
- Filing Returns Electronically
- Information Reporting Requirements
- Forms W2 and W3
- Form 1099MISC
- Special Situations (Employee Termination, Mergers, etc.)
Interest and Penalties
- Correcting Errors on Prior Returns and Obtaining Refunds
- Administrative Rules
- Refund Suits
- Employee Notice Requirements
- Special Situations (Mergers, etc.)
About The Presenter
- FailuretoDeposit Penalty
- Interest on Late Payments, InterestFree Adjustments
- FailuretoFile Penalty
- AccuracyRelated Penalty
- FailuretoPay Penalty
- Information Reporting Penalties
- Responsible Person (Trust Fund Recovery) Penalty
- Criminal Penalties
Kurt L.P. Lawson, Esq.
Edward James Leyden, Esq.
- Partner with the law firm of Hogan Lovells US LLP in Washington, D.C.
- Primarily represents employers on all aspects of employment taxes and pension, health, fringe and other benefits
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America and Super Lawyers in Washington, D.C. since 2007
- Ranked in Chambers USA since 2010
- Writer and speaker on tax and employee benefits matters and an adjunct professor at the Georgetown Law Center
- ABA Tax Section council director and former chair of the Employee Benefits Committee
- Graduate, Yale and the University of Virginia School of Law
- Owner of Leyden Law LLC in Bowie, Maryland
- Counsels companies on taxation and employment issues
- Has advised a diverse group of clients, including technology companies, health care enterprises, National Football League players, the online gaming community, and the commissioner of Major League Baseball
- Past chair of the American Bar Association Section of Taxation, Committee on Employment Taxes, and has been elected as a fellow of the American Bar Foundation
- Law degrees, University of Baltimore and the Georgetown University Law Center; undergraduate degree in commerce and engineering, Drexel University
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Reasonable Accommodation - Impairment
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
How To Write Clear, Concise, And Compliant Job Descriptions
Payroll Operations Academy
Garnishments, Child Support Orders and Other Levies
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Drive HR Strategy
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
Dealing with Difficult People
HR′s Guide To Medical Marijuana In The Workplace
Personnel Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Creative - And Free - Ways To Use LinkedIn As A Recruiting Tool
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
IRS Rules For Work Visas
How to Supervise People Seminar
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance