Tips On Reducing Mistakes In Excel® Spreadsheets
|Date / Time:
Many Excel® users set up their own worksheets and, although they might be frequent users of this powerful software, overlook more efficient ways of using validation controls to ensure the accuracy of their data collection efforts.
If they are getting their data from other sources, they might not always like the way the incoming data is structured and formatted and they need quick ways to get that data into the shape most useful to them.
This webinar helps Excel® users in two major ways: 1) reduce the potential mistakes created during data creation by establishing validation controls that can limit the scope of data, provide pick lists with drop arrows, and ensure that certain fields contain unique entries; 2) use various Excel® commands and techniques to restructure data, reformat data displays, and rectify incorrect data.
Using Excel® Commands to Control Data Input
Adjusting Data Layout
- Require That Numerical Data Entered Falls Within Specified Limits
- Provide Pick Lists to Accelerate Data Entry Chores and Ensure Accuracy
- Guarantee That All Entries Within a List Are Unique
- Manage Leading Zeroes in Zip, Numerical and Text Codes
Changing Data Content
- Move and Insert Rows and Columns of Data With a Simple Drag
- Quickly Convert Row-Column Layouts Into Column-Row Layouts
- Split Improperly Grouped Data (Like City, State, Zip in the Same Column) Into Separate Columns
- Convert Data With Trailing Minuses to Negative Entries
- Combine Data From Different Columns via Concatenation
About The Presenter
- Use Text Functions to Extract Data From Long Entries
- Get Rid of Problematic Extra Spaces That Prevent Efficient Data-Matching
- Adjust All Uppercase Text so That Just First Characters Are Capitalized
- Founder of Taylor Associates
- More than 20 years of experience working with Excel®
- Taught thousands of classes and seminars throughout the U.S. and Canada
- Presented more than 500 Excel® webinars and is the author or co-author of six books on spreadsheet software
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Serious Complaint or Employee Drama?
Guidelines For Taxing Gifts, Awards, &Other Fringe Benefits
How To Supervise Employees Who Don′t Get Along
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
Motivate Or Terminate
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Advanced Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
IRS Rules For Inpat &Expat Payroll
Paycheck Fundamentals Training &Certification Program
What To Do When Applicants Or Employees Have A Criminal History
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Certificate In Essentials Of Human Resource Management Seminar
How To Coach Up Or Counsel Out Problem Employees
Certificate In Employee Relations Law Seminar