Electronic Record Retention: Mistakes HR Professionals Can Avoid
|Date / Time:
With the proliferation of electronic documents, businesses are moving away from paper document retention policies in favor of electronic systems. Transitioning to paperless systems, however, presents some unique problems, from selecting the proper electronic format to combating security and storage concerns.
This webinar helps businesses identify potential issues associated with paperless document retention systems and provides practical guidance on how to properly and effectively transition from a paper document retention system to an electronic storage platform.
Failing to have a proper document retention system can be a costly mistake and can create problems during litigation or government investigations. As such, this course is critical for employers to ensure that their retention system meets legal requirements while being secure and user-friendly.
Overview of a Paperless Document Retention System
Preservation of Paperless Documents
- Advantages of Going Paperless
- Common Mistakes When Transitioning to Paperless Systems
- Central Features Needed for Every Paperless Document Retention System
- Federal Legal Requirements for Document Retention Systems
Retrieval of Paperless Documents
- Tips for Developing a Comprehensive and Easy-To-Follow Document Retention System
- Technological Concerns: Backing up Data Early and Often
- Structuring the Most Appropriate Document Repository for Your Business
- How Much Is Too Much? Defining Temporal and Size Limits on Paperless Documents
Developing Issues in Paperless Systems
- Paperless Documents During Litigation/Government Investigations
- Email Systems With Automatic Overwrite Programs
- Wet Signatures Versus Electronic in Litigation
About The Presenters
- How to Identify and Address Security Concerns Associated With Paperless Document Retention Systems
- Outsource or In-House? Advantages and Disadvantages of Using Third Party Vendors
Tyler S. Laughinghouse
Rodney A. Satterwhite
- Associate with McGuireWoods, LLP
- Practices primarily in the areas of labor and employment law and higher education law
- In the labor and employment context, he has developed an extensive wage and hour practice, defending clients in nationwide class action lawsuits under the FLSA and state overtime laws
- Experienced in defending employers in discrimination lawsuits, handling matters pending before the EEOC, reviewing and drafting employee applications and handbooks, and counseling employers on their obligations under various state and federal employment laws
- J.D. degree, cum laude, Washington and Lee University School of Law; B.A. degree, University of Virginia
- Partner with McGuireWoods, LLP
- Tries employment and intellectual property cases in state and federal court
- Best Lawyers in America has recognized Rod in the areas of Employment Law and Technology Law for the last five consecutive years
- Focuses practice on trade secret and noncompetition laws, federal employment discrimination laws and the Family and Medical Leave Act, he has litigated claims in state, federal and administrative courts, including the U.S. Courts of Appeal for the 1st, 2nd, 4th and 6th circuits
- Advises clients on hiring and termination decisions, drafting and implementing employment policies, and guarding intellectual property through employment agreements and trade secret policies
- Advises clients on the legal issues relating to information systems and technology in the workplace, among them issues such as e-mail, social media and Internet privacy and also helps clients develop effective solutions to the growing risks and costs associated with document retention and electronic discovery
- J.D. degree, University of Virginia School of Law; B.A. degree, cum laude, The College of William & Mary
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
A Post-Election Survival Guide For Employers
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Rules And Requirements For Employee Expense Reimbursements
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
How To Deal With Employees Who Are Chronically Late Or Absent
Dealing with Difficult People
9 Ways To Spot, Handle, and Reduce Workers′ Comp Fraud