Americans With Disabilities Act: The Reasonable Accommodation Process
|Date / Time:
In this webinar we will review practical issues you have to handle when it comes to the Americans With Disabilities Act.
This class will review what employment policies should be contained in your employee handbook, when you can make a medical inquiry, what is a disability-related inquiry, how you should handle a reasonable accommodation request under the Americans With Disabilities Act and what are some practical and free sources for you to utilize for reasonable accommodation requests.
General ADA Issues
Inquiries and Accommodations Under the ADA
- Covered Employers
- Employee Handbook
- Reasonable Accommodation Policy
- EEO Policy
- Harassment Policy
About The Presenters
- Timing of Inquiry
- Disability-Related Inquiries
- The Job Accommodation Network
- State Law Issues
Ross M. Greenky
Michael J. Sciotti, Esq.
- Associate with Barclay Damon, LLP
- Member of the firm's Business Services Practice Group and concentrates practice on labor and employment matters including court petitions, complaints, motions, affidavits, document demands and employment policies
- Prior to joining Barclay Damon, he practiced at Hancock Estabrook, LLP in labor and employment, and litigation
- J.D. degree, Duke University School of Law; B.A. degree, magna cum laude, George Washington University
- Partner with Barclay Damon, LLP
- Practice includes jury trials, investigations, labor audits, supervisory and employee training and claims under ERISA, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, New York State Human Rights Law, New York State Workers' Compensation Law, New York State Labor Law and employment agreements, restrictive covenants and trade secret disputes
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2016 Syracuse Employment Law - Management, Lawyer of the Year; listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2016 Syracuse Labor Law - Management, Lawyer of the Year; listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2015 Syracuse Employment Law - Individuals, Lawyer of the Year; listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2014 Syracuse Labor Law - Management, Lawyer of the Year; listed in The Best Lawyers in America, 2011 to 2016 and listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2012 Syracuse Litigation - Labor & Employment, Lawyer of the Year
- Recipient of 2012 to 2014 Honor Roll of Pro Bono Service for the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- Selected by Peer Review for Inclusion in Super Lawyer Directory, 2007 to 2015, Employment & Labor
- Lecturer on a wide variety of labor and employment topics, and is a mediator for the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- Wrote numerous articles on labor and employment topics including consumer report information, USERRA, federal discrimination laws, sexual harassment, whistle-blower protections, the Family and Medical Leave Act, and gender discrimination
- J.D. and LL.M. degrees, Syracuse University College of Law; B.S. degree, Rochester Institute of Technology
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
9 Ways To Spot, Handle, and Reduce Workers′ Comp Fraud
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
Visa (Non-Immigration) For Payroll Professionals
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Service Animals In The Workplace: What You Need To Know
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Communicate With Tact And Professionalism
Dealing with Difficult People
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts
How to Supervise People Seminar