Form W-9: Payee Identification And Tax Determination
|Date / Time:
This webinar will provide information about the purpose of the form and when it should be obtained. You will learn who can complete Form W-9 for U.S. persons, and if the payee is a foreign person, that Form W-8 is necessary.
In addition, this class will provide valuable information regarding the backup withholding requirements if the W-9 information is not obtained and the risk to your company if backup withholding is not performed.
Form W-8 Series
- What Is the Form W-9?
- What Is the Primary Purpose of Form W-9?
- Is a Form W-9 Mandatory?
- Who Should Complete Form W-9?
- Definition of U.S. Citizen, U.S. Resident Alien and U.S. Nonresident Alien
- Disregarded Entity, How to Complete Form W-9?
- E-Services Online TIN Matching Program
- Backup Withholding Name/TIN Mismatch or No TIN
- Electronic W-9 Process
- Brief Overview of B-Notice Process
About The Presenter
- What Is the Form W-8BEN, or W-8ECI, W-8IMY, W-8EXP?
- Instructions for Requestor of W-8BEN
- What Is the Purpose of Form W-8?
- Who Should Complete Form W-8?
- Definition of Foreign Person or Nonresident Alien
- What Is U.S. Sourced Income?
- U.S. Nonresident Withholding
- Back-up Withholding
- Reporting to U.S. Nonresidents on Form 1042-S
Mary H. Angelbeck
- Retired Member of Ernst & Young’s National Employment Tax/Information Reporting Group
- Enrolled agent with the IRS
- More than 30 years of experience in the field of taxation, both as a state administrator and as a consultant
- Practice included managing large payroll restructuring projects; payroll tax advisory services related to mergers and acquisitions; providing year-end federal, multistate, and local payroll tax advisory services; payroll related federal, state and local tax controversy and federal as well as state and local information reporting (1099 and 1042-S) issues
- Speaker local chapters of the American Payroll Association, the New York University Annual Institute on State and Local Taxation, the Federation of Tax Administrators, the Tax Executives Institute, the Counsel on State Taxation, The American Bar Association, the Pennsylvania Institute of CPAs and The Lorman Group
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Reasonable Accommodation - Impairment
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
How To Write Clear, Concise, And Compliant Job Descriptions
Payroll Operations Academy
Garnishments, Child Support Orders and Other Levies
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Drive HR Strategy
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
Dealing with Difficult People
HR′s Guide To Medical Marijuana In The Workplace
Personnel Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Creative - And Free - Ways To Use LinkedIn As A Recruiting Tool
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
IRS Rules For Work Visas
How to Supervise People Seminar
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance