Ditching The Traditional Performance Review
|Date / Time:
Many HR professionals live the nightmare of the dreaded performance review every single year. Because this process is so intertwined with other HR processes, many people are reluctant to make a change.
However, today there are stories in the press practically daily about companies ditching the traditional performance review. This is largely an over exaggeration. While many companies have fundamentally changed how they approach performance management, most of the basics are still in place: setting goals, giving feedback, and paying for performance.
You will learn what this performance management revolution is all about, and some of the important research that is influencing these trends. You will learn how to re-frame what is done today to a new process that better fits how your company operates. More importantly you will learn what information you can leverage to make your own business case for change.
Once you get support from your management to change your process, this class will also help you create a change management plan that will strongly increase your likelihood of success in moving your performance management process away from the dread to a process that engages employees and drives company performance.
Reimagining Traditional Approaches to Performance Reviews for the Contemporary Workplace
5 Key Areas of the Performance Appraisal to Focus on for RedesignHow Continuous Performance Management Differs From Traditional Performance Management
- Goal Setting
How to Build Your Business Case for Change
- Recent Research on Innovations in Performance Management
- Leveraging Social Technology to Create a More Dynamic Process
The Change Management Process Need to Support This Shift
- Surveys/Focus Groups
About The Presenter
- Leadership Support
- Change Management Planning
- Branding and Communications
- Defining Clear Metrics for Success
Edie L. Goldberg, Ph.D.
- Founder and president of E. L. Goldberg & Associates
- More than 25 years of management consulting experience; former Global Thought Leader for Towers Perrin
- Practice is focused on designing HR processes to attract, engage, develop, and retain employees
- Clients include companies such as: McKesson Corporation, Genentech, CEMEX, Gap Inc., Charles Schwab, Sony Computer Entertainment, Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts, and many more
- Has published and presented at numerous conferences on performance management, building management capability, career management, competency modeling, and succession planning
- Recently wrote a book chapter “Innovative Performance Management: Leveraging Social Media Technology” which is currently in press
- Currently serves as the Ex-Officio Chairperson for HR People + Strategy, is the past-president of the California HR Strategy Forum, as the Founder of the Bay Area Applied Psychologists, and is a member of the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Ph.D. degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, University of Albany, SUNY; B.A. and M.S. degree in Psychology, San Diego State University
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Service Animals In The Workplace: What You Need To Know
What To Do When Applicants Or Employees Have A Criminal History
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
How To Coach Up Or Counsel Out Problem Employees
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
How To Avoid Wrongful Termination Claims
Form I-9: Understanding The Anti-Discrimination Provisions Of The Law
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
IRS Rules For Inpat &Expat Payroll
Dealing with Difficult People
How To Communicate With Tact And Professionalism
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts
How to Supervise People Seminar