Volunteer Handbook Essentials For Your Nonprofit
|Date / Time:
Too many people are thrown into volunteer situations without a clear understanding of their roles and responsibilities. Even supervisors sometimes aren't sure what to do with volunteers.
This webinar will not only provide field-tested tools for developing effective volunteer handbooks, but it will highlight critical legal issues to consider, plus policies and procedures that must be in place in order to develop volunteer handbooks. The class will address not only issues important to volunteers but also to supervisors of volunteers.
Before Developing the Handbook
Components of the Handbook
- Clarify Types of Volunteers Within the Organization
- Develop Board-Approved Policies for Volunteers
- Identify Essential Procedures
- Procure Funding for Handbook(s)
Approval of the Handbook
- Organizational Overview
- Recruitment Issues
- Orientation/Training Topics
- Supervision, Performance Reviews and Dismissal
- Recognition Strategies
Examples of Handbooks
- Policies and Legal Issues
- Procedural Issues
About The Presenter
- Styles and Formats
- Costs and Updates
Marilyn L. Donnellan, MS
- More than 30 years of experience as a nonprofit CEO and consultant
- Supervised thousands of volunteers and hundreds of staff
- Conducts regular workshops, seminars and webinars on all aspects of nonprofit management
- Internationally known author of more than 20 books on nonprofit management, as well as numerous articles in journals like, The Nonprofit Times and Nonprofit Digest
- Books and guides published online at www.CharityChannel.com, www.mldonnellan.com, www.amazon.com and www.4Good.org
- Winner of the SEToolbelt award for innovation with the guide, “The Six-Hour Strategic Plan”
- Author of the 17 guides in The Hour Series of Guides for Nonprofit Management, including, “The Four-Hour Volunteer Development Process”
- B.A. degree in human resources management, George Fox University; M.S. degree, in Administration, Atlantic Coast Theological Seminary
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
A Post-Election Survival Guide For Employers
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Rules And Requirements For Employee Expense Reimbursements
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
How To Deal With Employees Who Are Chronically Late Or Absent
Dealing with Difficult People
9 Ways To Spot, Handle, and Reduce Workers′ Comp Fraud