Lower Back Injury Claims
|Date / Time:
This webinar will teach you how to identify and defend work-related lower back injury claims. The class will discuss common lumbar injuries and treatment protocols before examining effective defenses to lower-back claims which will allow for a proactive, cost-efficient resolution.
Employers will also learn how to introduce safe work practices aimed at reducing and eliminating back injuries at work. The implementation of these proven methods will allow for effective cost containment and the minimization of future workers' compensation expenses.
This webinar will also apply the concepts learned to real-world scenarios by walking you step-by-step through recent lumbar-related workers' compensation claims.
Define (Brief Introduction)
- Define Work-Related Lumbar Injuries
- The Effect of Work-Related Lumbar Injuries on the Employer
- By Preventing the Injuries We Can Effectively Cost-Contain and Minimize the Expenses That Drive Our WC Cost up
- Prior Injuries
- Degenerative Conditions
- Temporary Aggravation
- Permanent Partial Impairment (PPI)
- Medical Records/Diagnostics
About The Presenter
- Discussion of Recent Workers' Compensation Cases With Varying Results
- Partner in the office of Bryce Downey & Lenkov LLC
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of Workers’ Compensation
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on Workers’ Compensation topics including: “Ask A Workers’ Compensation Attorney Anything,” Bryce Downey & Lenkov Clients, Chicago December, 2015. “Causation In Illinois Workers’ Compensation Claims,” Bryce Downey & Lenkov Clients, Chicago, March, 2015. “Workers’ Compensation Negotiation Strategies,” Bryce Downey & Lenkov Clients, Chicago, May, 2014
- Wrote several publications including: "Wage Differential May Not Necessarily Require Wage Loss", Bryce Downey & Lenkov Workers’ Compensation Newsletter, February, 2016; "Collateral Source Rule Does Not Apply To Workers’ Compensation Cases", Bryce Downey & Lenkov Workers’ Compensation Newsletter, February, 2016; "Commission Refuses To Award Respondent Costs Of Four Failed IMEs", Bryce Downey & Lenkov Illinois Workers’ Compensation Newsletter, September 2015; "Does TTD Retire After Retirement?", Bryce Downey & Lenkov Illinois Workers’ Compensation Newsletter, May 2015; "Simultaneous Permanency & Wage Differential Awards", Bryce Downey & Lenkov Illinois Workers’ Compensation Newsletter, February 2015; "Temporary Total Disability Rewards Continue", Bryce Downey & Lenkov Illinois Workers’ Compensation Newsletter, November 2014; "No Compensation for Employee Injured While Taking Shortcut to Parking Lot", Bryce Downey & Lenkov Illinois Workers’ Compensation Newsletter, July 2014; "Compensation Denied To Petitioner Injured While On The Clock And En Route To Her Bus", Bryce Downey & Lenkov Illinois Workers’ Compensation Newsletter, April, 2014
- J.D. degree, Chicago Kent College of Law; M.B.A. degree, Illinois Institute of Technology; B.S. degree, commerce, DePaul University
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Workplace Investigations 101: The Basics For Conducting Workplace Investigations
Employee Handbooks: 2017 Issues
How To Change The Perception Of The HR Department
How To Communicate Assertively To Exude Confidence And Competence
Year End Legislative &Tax Changes In Payroll
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
PTO Plan Or Traditional Vacation And Sick Time? The Pros and Cons Of A Paid-Time-Off Plan
Motivate Or Terminate
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Agile Basics For HR
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
The Essentials Of HR Law
FMLA Training &Certification Program
Certified Payroll Manager
Fundamentals Of Form W-2 &Form W-4 Processing