Safe Harbor 401(k) Notices
|Date / Time:
||9/28/2016 / 1:00pm - 2:30pm EST
Safe harbor 401(k) plans offer employers a unique opportunity to provide their employees with a retirement benefit while avoiding certain nondiscrimination testing requirements. However, it is critical to understand the "strings" that are attached to such opportunities and this webinar will explain the requirements associated with safe harbor 401(k) plans.
Specifically, we will provide a comprehensive overview of safe harbor 401(k) plans which will assist benefit plan administrators and professionals with their understanding of the various design options, notice and contribution requirements associated with such plans. You will also become familiar with safe harbor automatic contribution arrangements and various common mistakes related to safe harbor plans and how to fix such mistakes.
Traditional Safe Harbor Plans
Automatic Enrollment Arrangements
- Overview and Benefits
- Plan Documentation and Eligibility Requirements
- Employer Contribution Requirements
- Design Issues
- Discrimination Testing Issues
- Notice Requirements
- New IRS Mid-Year Change Guidance (Notice 2016-16)
Common Errors and Available CorrectionsAbout The Presenter
- Summary of Automatic Contribution Arrangement (ACA)
- Summary of Eligible Automatic Contribution Arrangement (EACA)
- Summary of Qualified Automatic Contribution Arrangement (QACA)
Wesley H. Covert
- Partner at the labor and employment law firm Laner Muchin, Ltd. in Chicago, Illinois which is a 2016 leading law firm as ranked by U.S. News and World Report
- Focuses his practice on all aspects of employee benefits law, with a primary focus on defined contribution plans, multiemployer plans and compliance with the Affordable Care Act, HIPAA and other health and welfare regulations
- Named an “Emerging Lawyer” for 2016 from Leading Lawyers which highlights attorneys under the age of 40
- Wrote and co-wrote articles published in the BNA ERISA Compliance & Enforcement Library, the Employee Benefits Committee newsletter of the Illinois State Bar Association and The John Marshall Law School Tax and Employee Benefits Newsletter
- Frequent speaker on benefit topics and provides training to HR Departments on a number of benefit issues
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Reasonable Accommodation - Impairment
Garnishments, Child Support Orders and Other Levies
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Write Clear, Concise, And Compliant Job Descriptions
How To Drive HR Strategy
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
Background Checks And Safe Hiring: Trends, Legal Developments, And Best Practices
Personnel Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Creative - And Free - Ways To Use LinkedIn As A Recruiting Tool
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
HR′s Guide To Medical Marijuana In The Workplace
How To Properly Complete A Form I-9
Basics Of OSHA Recordkeeping
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
IRS Rules For Work Visas