On Cloud Nine: State Sales Taxation Of Cloud Computing
|Date / Time:
Cloud computing has revolutionized the way business is conducted in the Information Age, from the way data is stored and accessed to the variety of hosted product offerings available to both consumers and businesses.
While some states have enacted legislation to clarify the application of sales tax to cloud computing products, the introduction of new technology continues to outpace the rate at which taxing authorities can publish guidance.
This webinar is intended to help sellers as well as consumers of cloud computing products to understand the fundamentals of analyzing the taxation of cloud computing products as well as providing up-to-date information on how the various states approach the sales taxation of cloud computing.
About The Presenters
- When and How State and Local Sales and Use Taxes Apply to Cloud Computing Products
- Nexus – Understanding Which Jurisdictions a Seller Is Required to Collect Sales and Use Tax, and How the Seller's Obligations Can Affect Purchasers of Cloud Computing Products
- Developments in True Object Analysis and Bundled Transactions
- Analyzing the Taxability of Cloud Computing Products
- Assessing Your Readiness to Comply With Sales Taxation of Cloud Computing Products
- Tax manager in the multistate indirect tax practice of Deloitte Tax LLP based in the San Francisco office
- Six years of experience in the multistate indirect tax field and serves clients in the technology space including interactive gaming companies, data processing services providers and SaaS providers as well as serving clients in the health care and manufacturing industries
- Assists clients with sales taxability and nexus analysis, planning, process optimization, exposure analysis, audit defense, capital expenditure planning, and planning and audit defense for Washington Business and Occupation tax, and other gross receipts taxes in other U.S. jurisdictions
- Prior to Deloitte Tax Stephanie was with the Washington Department of Revenue for eight years in both tax administration and policy positions
- Held policy positions with the Washington State Senate and City of Seattle Department of Finance & Administrative Services, where she focused on projects ranging from economic nexus and single-factor sales apportionment legislation to the constitutional restrictions on taxation to fee-based funding sources to support environmental and public health projects
- Wrote U.S. Sales and Use Tax: A Survival Guide for International Business, BNA Insights, January 2015; and Washington’s Business Tax Primary Purpose Test after Qualcomm, Inc. v. Department of Revenue, BNA, August 2011
- LL.M. degree in taxation, University of Washington; J.D. degree, Seattle University School of Law; B.A. degree in business administration, University of Washington
- Senior tax director at Alvarez and Marsal Taxand, LLC, in San Francisco, CA
- More than 26 years in indirect tax in the Silicon Valley, including 9 years as state and local tax manager of a software and hosted services company and 11 years at Deloitte Tax, where she led the Tax Technology Industry subsector group for the national Indirect tax practice for several years
- Focuses on sellers and consumers of digital, web-based, and IT products and services, and serves a diverse group of industries including technology, construction & engineering, biotech, and life sciences companies
- Provides tax process diagnostic and process optimization services, sales/use tax exposure analyses and remediation, audit defense, nexus, and taxability analyses, sales/use tax overpayment reviews and capital expenditure planning
- Certified member of the Institute for Professionals in Taxation (IPT)
- Computer software and services instructor at IPT’s annual intermediate sales tax school
- M.S.T degree in taxation, Golden Gate University, San Francisco, B.S. degree in business administration (accounting, finance) California State University - East Bay
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
9 Ways To Spot, Handle, and Reduce Workers′ Comp Fraud
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
Visa (Non-Immigration) For Payroll Professionals
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Service Animals In The Workplace: What You Need To Know
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Communicate With Tact And Professionalism
Dealing with Difficult People
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts
How to Supervise People Seminar