Target Date Funds: What You Need To Know
|Date / Time:
Many 401(k) plans offer target date funds as an investment choice. You will learn about the characteristics of a target date fund and what distinguishes a custom target date fund from an off-the-shelf target date fund.
For plan fiduciaries, you will also learn about your fiduciary responsibilities in selecting target date funds as a 401(k) plan investment option and the prudent process that can be undertaken to fulfill these duties and minimize risk.
Explore What Is a Target Date Fund
Investment Strategy and Characteristics of a Target Date Fund
- Types of Investment Vehicles That Can Be Target Date Funds
- Mutual Fund
- Collective Trust
- Managed Account
- Asset Allocation Service
- The Distinction Between a Custom and Non-Custom (Off-The-Shelf) Target Date Fund and the Related Considerations for Each
ERISA Considerations When Target Date Funds Are Offered as 401(K) Investment Options or as a Qualified Default Investment Alternative of the Plan
- Characteristics of the Asset Allocation
- How It Changes Over Time (I.E., the Glide Path)
- The Rate at Which It Changes (I.E., the Slope)
- What Is Meant by a "to Retirement Date" and "Through Retirement Date" Approach
About The Presenter
- Department of Labor Guidance and the Fiduciary Responsibilities of Plan Fiduciaries, Including Those Individuals That Serve on Plan Investment Committees
- The Process That Should Be Established to Prudently Select and Monitor Target Date Funds to Satisfy These Rules
- Participant Disclosure Obligations That Must Be Satisfied
- Counsel at the nationally recognized law firm of Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP where she focuses on all aspects of employee benefits counseling
- More than 28 years of experience, she works with major publicly-held corporations, closely held corporations, U.S. affiliates of foreign corporations and tax-exempt organizations on matters involving benefits and compensation, with a focus on all aspects of ERISA compliance
- Represents employers, management and plan fiduciary committees on their fiduciary compliance responsibilities and advises them on the design of qualified retirement plans (including ESOPs), nonqualified executive compensation plans and welfare benefit plans, day-to-day plan administrative issues and transactional planning involving benefit plan acquisitions, plan mergers and plan terminations
- Represents plan service providers (including registered investment advisers, broker-dealers, third party administrators, and record keepers) in fulfilling their obligations under ERISA, including fiduciary status and the considerations associated with structuring, developing and offering investment products and services to ERISA plans
- Extensive experience in counseling clients on ERISA issues pertaining to target date funds
- Recently assisted a global investment manager in the launch of its custom target date fund strategies for ERISA plans, advising on ERISA fiduciary, disclosure, QDIA requirements and other technical compliance issues
- Frequent speaker throughout the country on legislative and regulatory developments impacting services providers to ERISA plans, ERISA fiduciaries and employee benefit plans and has authored numerous articles on these topics
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Rules And Requirements For Employee Expense Reimbursements
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
Assertiveness Skills For HR Professionals
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
How To Use PTO To Reduce Absenteeism
Managing Emotions Under Pressure
HRCI / SHRM 60 Hour Re-Certification Training Suite
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Document Your Payroll Procedures
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Company Ethics: How To Set The Tone As A Leader
SOX Requirements For Payroll
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program