State, Federal And Private Exchanges: What Is Available And How Do They Work?
|Date / Time:
The concept of state-based marketplaces-or "exchanges"-is central to the Affordable Care Act's (ACA) approach to health care reform. And while the ACA has had more than its share of controversy, there is little dispute over its high-level aims: reduce health care costs, increase the quality of medical outcomes, and expand coverage.
Irrespective of what the future holds for the ACA, it's a safe bet the exchange model will survive. In theory, exchanges leverage technology to offer near perfect access to, and information about, available medical insurance coverage options. In practice, there is still work to do.
This webinar will examine the origins, regulation, and implementation of the exchanges under the ACA. We will also provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the exchange model and its place in the ACA's regulatory scheme, and we will handicap both the design and the implementation of the exchanges to date, with a particular focus on the different state "operating environments" in which the exchange model is being implemented.
At its core, a private exchange is a private business - typically operated by insurance brokers, benefit consultants, or insurers - that offers health insurance products to consumers through an electronic platform. It is important to understand that private exchanges were in existence prior to the enactment of the ACA, although private exchanges have increased in notoriety on account of the new law.
While enrollment in private exchanges has not taken off like many consultants projected back in 2014, it is expected that private exchange enrollment in the group market will continue to steadily increase over the next 5 to 10 years.
This webinar will examine the features that make a private exchange unique and attractive to employers and employees. And, we will discuss the staying power of private exchanges as changes to the ACA and the tax treatment of employer-sponsored insurance are considered by Congress and the next president.
About The Presenters
- A Brief History of Health Insurance Marketplaces/Exchanges, Including "Private" Exchanges
- The Massachusetts Connector
- The Role of the Exchanges Under the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- The Structure of the ACA Exchanges and the Markets They Serve
- Private Exchanges Serving Both the Individual and Group Markets
- Current Issues and Challenges for the ACA Exchanges
- Current Issues and Challenges for Private Exchanges
- The Future of the Exchange Model
Alden J. Bianchi
Christopher E. Condeluci
- Member of Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, P.C., and chair of the firm’s employee benefits and executive compensation practice
- Represented the Romney administration in connection with the 2006 Massachusetts health care reform law
- Rated nationally and in Massachusetts by Chambers
- Obtained a key U.S. Department of Labor advisory opinion fully insurance multiple employer welfare arrangements
- Wrote Bloomberg BNA Health Care Reform Advisor, a comprehensive work on the impact of the ACA on employers and group health plans
- Principal and sole shareholder, CC Law & Policy, Washington, D.C.
- Practice focuses on the ACA
- Served as Tax and Benefits Counsel to the U.S. Senate Finance Committee during the development of the ACA (including the exchanges)
- Wrote a BNA Portfolio on the ACA exchanges (to be published later this year
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Serious Complaint or Employee Drama?
How To Stop Toxic Employees From Side-Tracking Your Company
Guidelines For Taxing Gifts, Awards, &Other Fringe Benefits
How To Supervise Employees Who Don′t Get Along
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
Agile Basics For HR
Motivate Or Terminate
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Advanced Internal Investigations Certificate Program
Payroll Records: What To Keep, What To Toss
How To Coach Up Or Counsel Out Problem Employees
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Strategic HR Leadership Certificate Program
Certificate In Essentials Of Human Resource Management Seminar
Certificate In Employee Relations Law Seminar